cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is dropshipping allowed on ebay?

I don't drop ship all the time, but sometimes if there was an error and i'm out of stock or I find a cheaper price I will drop ship an item so I don't get bad feedback. I understand the risks of drop shipping but i've never had problems with it.

I asked an ebay agent a month ago if this was allowed, and he said yes. I talked to someone today who said no and that ebay is starting to crack down on dropshippers.

I found this page https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/posting-items/setting-postage-options/drop-shipping?id=4176

It says dropshipping is allowed from a wholesaler, "However, listing an item on eBay and then purchasing the item from another retailer or marketplace that ships directly to your customer is not permitted."

So is this article and the ebay rep correct that they will close your account if you buy from another retailer to send to the buyer?

Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

@jws-imports wrote:

I put free shipping. What  mean, since I have had known people register in USA, and put shipping from China, and account was cloased, people putside USA, saying they are in USA, and ship from USA, but ship from china, and account closed, since trackign shows that item is not shipped from USA. As por shipping privce I arrange with my supplier, since it is expedited fia fedex or dhl it is same price to all US, at least lower states, where I plan to sell and hsip. So how exactly I am suppose to list, and how would I let eBAy know that I am actually dropshipping?

Whether you offer Free Shipping or not has NOTHING to do with the location of the item.  It is the rule of Ebay that the location stated in the listing is where the item is actually shipping from.  Where the seller is located has no bearing on that whatsoever.  And Ebay is starting to crack down on this rule.

I hope you accept this next statement in the spirit in which it is intended, which is simply to help you.  I am not at all trying to insult you.  When you go to design your titles and listing.  Slow down a bit and pay very close attention to what you are typing.  You have an enormous amount of spelling errors in your posts.  If you do that with your titles it will greatly effect your sales.  And it could call misunderstanding with your buyers if they are unclear as to what your descriptions are actually saying.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 46 of 53
latest reply

@jws-imports wrote:
I am planning to dropship. My big questinos is, I have to put that item i shipped where I am or where my wholeselelr is? Sic eI am planing on expedited delivery and fo course tracking will show that item is not shipepd from where I am, both the buer and eBAy, if they check, will see that items is eing shipped from somewhere else. Can anyone guide me correctly to be able to dropship correctly? Since one can only make a listing and making a listing with an ebay team member on the phone would be very difficult, and they ill say one thing one day, and another another day, as I have seen here in many replyes.

thank you in advanced

Most of this has been answered for you.  But just so you know, you don't determine how fast your drop shipper ships.  You may pay them to expedite something, but you need to make sure you actually understand what that means with your supplier.  Some suppliers have a 3 day handling time.  If you pay to expedite it may go to 2.  Whatever it is, you need to make sure you know your drop shippers policy and even more important than that you need to know if they actually do as they say or are puffing smoke as some do.

Do not over offer shipping and delivery times to your customers.  That will get you in trouble FAST.  Be very cautious.

Message 47 of 53
latest reply

Looking at what you have listed I don't think you will be with us long.

Message 48 of 53
latest reply

There is a seller on Amazon who uses me as his drop shipper.  He listed my item for $96. He does not stock them.  When he gets a sale he orders one from me for $40 and has me ship it direct to his customer. He asks me not to include any paperwork in the box.  Do i care?  No.  I don't care what he does as long as i get paid. 

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 49 of 53
latest reply

What would happen if something went wrong , like if there was a return?

Message 50 of 53
latest reply

i do not understand, why you say that?

Message 51 of 53
latest reply

@lja440 wrote:

What would happen if something went wrong , like if there was a return?

It shouldn't resent an issue for @inhawaii because the other sellers buyer would be returning to that seller on Amazon, not to inhawaii.  Now the seller on Amazon may want to return it to inhawaii, but if they can prove they are selling it to others, Ebay won't allow the return.  Or I should say in the past if you could prove this Ebay would protect the seller.  In the current climate of the return system, I'm just not sure what Ebay would do.

Message 52 of 53
latest reply

@jws-imports wrote:

i do not understand, why you say that?

They are trying to tell you that looking at what you currently have listed, you are only going to lose money.  A US seller can't sell an item for 99 cents with free shipping and make money.  Even if you ship without tracking.

Your listings say you ship UPS Next Day Air.  In your description you say it ships USPS regular mail.  Also in your listing you state in the descriptions some reasons that you will not accept a return.  That you won't be able to enforce with the rules of Ebay.  If a buyer wants to return an item that in there opinion is not as described, Ebay will allow it.  So if you don't want to take the return, you can do that but you will be refunding the buyer.

On a 99 cent sale you will have a 10 cent FVF from Ebay and a 33 cent fee from PP.  Total 43 cents which leaves you 56 cents to cover postage or UPS Next Day Air and your profit and whatever you are paying your supplier for the product.

Message 53 of 53
latest reply