cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay store

I have my Father In Laws Estate in my detached garage that is going to be my woodshop. I need all of the stuff sold A.S.A.P. I have 100-200 boxes of stuff. I need to find an eBay store in Greenville SC

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ebay store

There are no ebay stores.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Ebay store

There are no ebay stores.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Ebay store

The way eBay works - you take several pictures of each item. You create a description.  You post the ad. If it sells, you pay fees and ship the item.  

Good luck.

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Ebay store

Thank You.  You would think that calling eBay they would tell me that before going on here looking like a fool.

Thanks Again.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Ebay store

You're not a fool.  There used to be a wide network of eBay dropoff centers and businesses.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Ebay store

Thanks

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Ebay store

I know people that sell on "OTHER" sites on consignment and I bet if you look around you might find someone to sell your stuff on eBay for you. You might be better off having a wood workers shop sale. By time you pay a sellers % you might not end up with whole lot of net.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Ebay store

"By time you pay a sellers % you might not end up with whole lot of net." I am talking about a consignment shop>

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Ebay store

I know that a lot of ebayers on you tube frequently talk about buying out someone's estate.  

This is probably the exact type of person this poster needs.

However, all the you tubers I'm thinking of aren't located in South Carolina ... can anyone think of one?

And/or maybe one of the ebayer's on instagram and someone could direct them to this poster's thread.

Or poster, you could list the estate boxes on offer up or have a huge yard sale, etc.

Good luck - wish I was in SC 🙂

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Ebay store

If you are not comfortable with selling on eBay but want to liquidate the items all in one shot you might want to hire a local auctioneer to have an auction in person.
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Ebay store

@gwzcomps wrote:
If you are not comfortable with selling on eBay but want to liquidate the items all in one shot you might want to hire a local auctioneer to have an auction in person.

usually that will result in even less money then having someone sell it for you on ebay. Auctioneers take larger percentage + charge to appraise what you have prior to auction time. I would consider doing everything yourself for larger profit margin...be that holding a (or several) yard/garage sale, listing the stuff on ebay or other online marketplaces...facebook perhaps if you do want to ship but have people pick it up themselves... or looking around at local business consignment shops (they are huge these days and most everywhere). 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Ebay store

Thanks. Good Advice.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Ebay store

I would not even start to recommend Offer Up. They have no support and if you look, there is stuff that has been on there for over a year. I bought something there and it was still listed over 7 months later. I reported it and last time I looked it was still listed.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Ebay store

As far as finding someone that buys estate type of items, you might look on the 'net under 'Storage Unit Sales' in your area.  If you go to one, you may find a LOT of people who would be interested and are frequently 'approachable'.    You could even dicker price/terms with some.

Just an idea I thought might work for you.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Ebay store

If you didn't want do the work yourself and just want to get rid of it white making a little money, could look into an estate sales service. They would go in and pre-price your items, garage sell style, or could contact an auctioneer service. They types of items you have for sale would depend on the route you would want to consider.
Greenville is a pretty large area. You would probably be able to get rid of most, if not all, just doing a 1-2 day garage sale. I think it would depend on what you're actually selling. Craigslist would be an option as well.
100-200 boxes, and needing a post for each individual item (or even doing bundles) I would imagine that would be more time than you're wanting to commit to it.
Hope this was helpful. If I was in the area I'd love to help ya sort it. Love going through mystery boxes.
Message 15 of 15
latest reply