cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone else suddenly seeing the ebay logo in all red on some pages?

Or have I finally lost it?

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 1 of 97
latest reply
96 REPLIES 96

And remember that not Everyone can see Red.

Message 31 of 97
latest reply

By duplicating the color of the Chinese ensign, Ebay is merely showing support for its most important seller base.

Message 32 of 97
latest reply

>>I still cannot switch to the classic seller page, or sell on the new one, because of popup glitches

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Cant-get-rid-of-eBay-message-on-my-active-page-screen...

The bookmarklet there should take care of the popup on the https://www.ebay.com/mys/active selling page.

After I posted that one, I reworked the logic. This version is more better (and extensible by just carefully adding new selectors into the array at the start):

javaXscript:(function(){
var ela=['div.welcome-screen-modal-wrapper.me-dialog.dialog.dialog--mask-fade',
'body>divbrowser-support'];
for(k=0;k<ela.length;k++){ofda=document.body.querySelectorAll(ela[k]);
if(ofda!=null)for(j=0;j<ofda.length;++)if(ofda[j]!=null)ofda[j].style.display='none';
}return;})();

See the other thread(s) linked for how to.

If that doesn't do the trick, tell me what page exactly and what the exactly problem is.

Message 33 of 97
latest reply

Oh my. The logo is red.

Oh, the horror.

Make it stop.

Message 34 of 97
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

Hi @dhbookds, visual changes to the logo should not be cause for alarm. This is a common practice for the holiday season and we have made many changes to our logo over the years. Happy holidays!

Yep, and I've hated every color change that diminishes the well known logo......  I had a fit at Open over the colors there.......

Am sure at least a few buyers are going to wonder if they are on the true Ebay site.....

jmo

Why isn't the red color change implemented throughout the site though? If it was intentional, shouldn't it be complete? The logo on these boards, as well as the Blue's signatures are still the multi-color.

Message 35 of 97
latest reply

Thank you berserkerplanet! I will try that tonight and see if it works.
Message 36 of 97
latest reply

eBay has gone RepublicaneBay has gone Republican

Message 37 of 97
latest reply

I saw it earlier today and I realized I first saw it on Friday.  The pharmacy I used to work at had "Red Fridays til they all come home" as a soldier tribute.  Although I found it strange they would implement this so late in the trend.  I then realized Veteran's Day is coming up thihs Sunday.  Since red is the soldier remembrance color, maybe this is it?

Message 38 of 97
latest reply

I believe it may be for Veteran's Day on Monday.
Message 39 of 97
latest reply

Wow, that really leaps off the page!

Message 40 of 97
latest reply

Yes and not only that I cannot get anything to work. I drank a pot of coffee because I planned to stay up tonight catching up on my listings and I cannot list one thing.  It freezes and I cant do anything.  Along with Wednesday I spent all day saving drafts of listings i was working on and the next day they were all gone 😞

Message 41 of 97
latest reply

Now, now, how can they send the people who keep the site going packing?  Getting rid of the 3rd party developers would really make the site fall apart.  Smiley Wink

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 42 of 97
latest reply

thought it was red china but they claim its Christmas.LOL
Message 43 of 97
latest reply

Every time I try to list something or complete a draft I get a page that says "Additional Site Navigation" and I cant do anything,,,,Woman Mad

Skip to main content

Message 44 of 97
latest reply

@cherry*fizz wrote:

I appreciate that some people here are joking and they are funny, but some of the responses here just remind me how out of control PC everything has become. So eBay changed it for the holiday season. If they were able to dress it up a little bit so people would know for sure, that would alleviate some of the problem, but of course then THAT would be offensive to people who don't celebrate Christmas. The color red is offensive to people who are living in a fire area? Really? What color should they choose then? Blue might be offensive to someone living where there is flooding. I'm sure green, pink, purple and orange would be offensive to someone else. IT'S A FREAKING COLOR OF FOUR LETTERS (only 3 newly red) ON YOUR SCREEN. SETTLE DOWN.

Seriously.  I can't believe people are investing this much energy into the color of a bunch of pixels.  They would absolutely HATE some of the other sites I frequent that completely change their layouts for holidays (one of them even adds a little button that lets you make "snow" fall on your page during the winter).

Message 45 of 97
latest reply