cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory Problems

Where may I find total dollar amount inventory to sell on ebay that is left from 2018?

Regards:

abidprice4u

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Inventory Problems

You would have to have that inventory set up somewhere.  ebay does not do accounting.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 2 of 26
latest reply

Are you looking for your total sales from 2018?  

You should have been downloading your invoices from eBay each month to help track this.

If paypal handles the payment for your eBay sales then there are reports available on Paypal that will give you information on your 2018 sales.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 3 of 26
latest reply

Perhaps your supplier can help you.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 4 of 26
latest reply

@abidprice4u wrote:

Where may I find total dollar amount inventory to sell on ebay that is left from 2018?

Regards:

abidprice4u

Did you file a Schedule C last year (2017 tax return)?  

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 5 of 26
latest reply

@abidprice4u wrote:

I think you need to come back here and explain in much greater detail exactly what it is that you want.

What do you mean by "dollar amount"?

What do you mean by "inventory to sell on ebay that is left from 2018"?

It sound to me like you are trying to figure out the value of your unsold inventory at the end of 2018. If so, I do not believe that that is anything eBay would have.

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@abidprice4u wrote:

I think you need to come back here and explain in much greater detail exactly what it is that you want.

What do you mean by "dollar amount"?

What do you mean by "inventory to sell on ebay that is left from 2018"?

It sound to me like you are trying to figure out the value of your unsold inventory at the end of 2018. If so, I do not believe that that is anything eBay would have.

You can see in the active listings the retail value of everything on that screen (I look at several screens and add that together). If you're checking now instead of on Dec 31, you would add anything that was listed in 2018 and sold this year, and subtract anything you added this year. Then you'll know your closing inventory.

Cheers, C.

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

Retail value of currently listed inventory would be pretty much useless for any type of accounting purpose.

If you don't track the in and out by item then the only way to establish an accurate inventory number is to physically count the inventory and refer to the original purchase cost for the value.

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

gopetersen
Rockstar

That number is your responsibility. eBay has no idea what you paid for the things you sell.

I keep track of every transaction in a database, and that includes what I paid for the items I sell.

At tax time I have the software add up the total inventory purchased and the total inventory sold. The total inventory sold is then deducted on your tax return from gross sales.

If you spent $5,000 on inventory and used $3,000 of that and then made $10,000 in sales, you can deduct $3,000 from the $10,000 gross income. The other $2,000 inventory is carried over to the next year. You can't deduct it until you sell it.

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

Well, it depends what accounting method you use. But that is one way.

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

Its not a deduction.  I always saw what inventory was left in dollars. My Tax lady wants  inventory left.   Thanks Cathy

I use to see it when I put something on  to sell. 

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

Where would I find active listing amount.  That is part of my inventory to sell for 2018. My tax  lady wants that amount to.

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

@abidprice4u wrote:

Its not a deduction.  I always saw what inventory was left in dollars. My Tax lady wants  inventory left.   Thanks Cathy

I use to see it when I put something on  to sell. 

Are you talking about the remaining dollar amount ebay will allow you to sell without hitting your selling limit? 

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

My Tax lady wants total inventory to sell, I have seen it  several times. I have the sales. I need  inventory amount left to sell.

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

@abidprice4u wrote:

Where would I find active listing amount.  That is part of my inventory to sell for 2018. My tax  lady wants that amount to.

Your "tax lady" doesn't want the RETAIL VALUE, she wants the COST value of your inventory!

If your "tax lady" doesn't know the difference you need a new "tax lady".

Message 15 of 26
latest reply