cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Buyer Opened Case For Late Delivery But Tracking Is Still Updating - HOW TO DEAL?

I am a US based seller. The buyer is in the UK. They paid for the item on May 14th, after business hours. I shipped first thing next day May 15th. Tracking has continuously been updated, even saying that the shipment was running late on May 21st. Originally it was estimated to arrive on June 6th. The next update after the "running late" notification was on June 6th, and it has been updated everyday except the 7th since, with the latest update being June 12th stating that it has left the local distribution center after arriving at customs. The buyer opened a case on June 11th before even messaging me simply saying that "still in US after a month!" I messaged the buyer politely asking for a little leeway here as international shipments can take time and tracking is clearly still being updated but have heard no response. eBay customer support has placed the case on hold until June 21st. Which finally brings me to my question - if tracking is still continuously being updated, but the date surpasses June 21st, am I likely to be forced to refund as well as lose the item because odds are the buyer will not return it? Does anyone have any recommendations on the best course of action to stay ahead of the game here? Thank you for any help, as this has got me stressing here because I feel like I did everything right within my power. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

International Buyer Opened Case For Late Delivery But Tracking Is Still Updating - HOW TO DEAL?

@daymikat 

Did you use the new EBay International Shipping (Not eBay International Standard Delivery) for this product?  

If you did, this is supposed to be eBay's problem now, not yours.   Perhaps eBay is giving THEMSELVES more time for the parcel to arrive before they refund out of their own proceeds. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Your item basically has until the 21st to arrive or refund will need to be given.

I don't know about intercepting and getting an item back for international shipment, seems expensive.

I'd just hope it arrives before the hold end time.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@daymikat 

Did you use the new EBay International Shipping (Not eBay International Standard Delivery) for this product?  

If you did, this is supposed to be eBay's problem now, not yours.   Perhaps eBay is giving THEMSELVES more time for the parcel to arrive before they refund out of their own proceeds. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I believe it is the new eBay International Shipping program. The shipping program says it's eBay international shipping and when I click "learn more" it brings me to this page - https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/shipping/ebay-international-shipping

The buyer also responded and claims that the possible refund will come out of eBay and not either of us. I'm shocked by this possible result as I am not used to programs that actually favor sellers!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Congrats. When you were talking about shipping it to the UK I felt you shipped it.

If it was part of the new program you would have shipped it domestically to eBay's hub.

As long as eBay doesn't reject it at the hub, and it shows they got it there is nothing left for you to do.

Any lost or damaged items eBay is responsible for with the new program.

However with my experience with INR's if there is recent tracking eBay always puts it on a hold like that before issuing a refund regardless of the program used.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply