cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INR case for item stuck at customs

I sent this item to a customer in Italy on Dec-9. (almost $300)

A few days ago he tells me that if the item does not arrive by Jan-3 he will request a refund since he is travelling abroad and he needs the item before that.

So today he opens a case for INR. The tracking clearly shows item is still in transit in Italy.

On the case, he says the item is at customs with "customs problems" so he want a refund.

Is there anything I can do ? Obvously I don't think I should refund just becase of the slow Italian post/customs and because he lost hes patience.

Will appreciate your advice.

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: INR case for item stuck at customs

OP, I have read many, many times that if you call Ebay CS, you can ask for an extension and they can give you up to ten days.

So if you want to, you might want to keep calling.

Hope it works out for you.  Sadly, I have read that Italy is very problematic to ship to.  

If you have questions, ask on the appropriate Board or check the internet, as in how reliable is posting to Italy?

Message 31 of 33
latest reply

My items have been held for a very long time and delivery hardly ever verified. Same for France and numerous other countries. I am beginning to no send to more and more countries.
Message 32 of 33
latest reply

@nmo029 wrote:

So now the tracking shows "In delivery" :

https://track.aftership.com/poste-italiane/RY400416295IL?

I need to responde by the end of the day. The buyer demanded the refund by the 3rd.

Any advice ? should I just reund and hope he is an honest person ?

The buyer can "demand" whatever they want.

My money says that the buyer KNOWS it is moving and that's why he's demanding a speedy refund. He's a variant of what we call a "customs hanger".

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 33 of 33
latest reply