cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INR...but it’s at the local post office

I received notification tonight that a buyer opened a request because they hadn’t received their item.

I noticed that delivery was attempted 5 days ago, but said “Receptacle Full/Item Oversized”. They live in an apt, so I figured they would go pick it up.

The buyer was nice in his message, but stated that he left the slip and the post office still hasn’t delivered.

I kindly let him know to attempt to contact his local post office by phone or in person to get this situated, as there is nothing I can do on my end at the moment. I even re-uploaded tracking and quoted a blurb from Usps.com

What I’m confused about is WHY open a case against me when it’s sitting at the local post office? I’m not going to refund his money only for him to go pick it up!

Should I call eBay about this tomorrow? I haven’t heard back from him, but am baffled about the opening of a case versus sending me a regular message 🤦🏻‍♀️

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: INR...but it’s at the local post office

The original case closed in my favor. I’m just curious as to the correct action now that the vase is coming back to me.
Message 46 of 51
latest reply

Don't do anything.

Message 47 of 51
latest reply

First of all, block the buyer.

Relist the item when you get it back.

If the buyer emails refer them to this entire thread.

When they post negative feedback respond by pasting in the link to this entire thread .

"Fly the Big Ones"
Message 48 of 51
latest reply

Hi how are you  sorry Little Speak  Spanish

Message 49 of 51
latest reply

@duggmillswrote:

First of all, block the buyer.

Relist the item when you get it back.

If the buyer emails refer them to this entire thread.

When they post negative feedback respond by pasting in the link to this entire thread .

Since the buyer lost the case, feedback should be off the table.  When you get the item back, just use PayPal to refund their original payment minus what it cost you to ship (including eBay's fees as well as the nonrefundable PayPal 30 cent transaction fee.)  That way, you don't have to bother filing a cancel on eBay, since that would require refunding everything including the original shipping that USPS won't reimburse in order to get back your final value fees.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 50 of 51
latest reply

My mailbox is huge.The items I bought combined end to end would be the size of two pens.

Message 51 of 51
latest reply