cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INR New Policy

Ebay evaluates us every 20th of every month, in that evaluation, ebay has calculated the "Late shipment rate" and "Cases closed without seller resolution" In these 2 rates show some idea about INR so why is this new policy?

This policy very badly affects on good sellers because some customers do scams and some customers open unnecessary INR cases may someone didn't know about it and open, For me last month 10 UK customers open INR cases, and 6 customer close them after a few days, 3 customers actually not received at that time because airmail delay and I gave a refund for that customers another buyer do scam and also issue refund that kind of customers. Consider about last year only received 12 INR cases, 1 was received last month this kind of reason, Ebay block the UK and remove all listings and after a few days permanently restricted. I sell on here now for nearly 3 years and top-rated seller in 4 regions, not considering a seller a good thing and restricting this happens to so many genuine sellers, so this is not good.

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

INR New Policy

Against me 2 negative vs almost 1000 sales. Nothing to worry about

Message 31 of 49
latest reply

INR New Policy

@x-sistema wrote:

Suppose I have sent one packet to buyer - inside 50 different items, but same invoice. ................. packet was delayed, buyer opens 50 INR. So, shop is closed.

Where does Ebay say you are sold out of your items.  I don't see that you have any items listed.

IF that is what happened, contact Ebay.  Per their policy a single buyer can't create this kind of problem for you.  It would count as 1.

But per your items sold list, you haven't sold 50 items in the last 90 days, even to multiple buyers.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 32 of 49
latest reply

INR New Policy

@x-sistema wrote:

Against me 2 negative vs almost 1000 sales. Nothing to worry about 

Your feedback didn't get you in trouble.  It would have been the number of different buyers that filed INRs.  I know that the revised policies on this for International sellers have caused many sellers to lose their accounts.  I sincerely hope that you recover and the new year is much brighter for you.

Message 33 of 49
latest reply

INR New Policy

@x-sistema 

Good luck! FYI you cannot post personal info to your website, your email address or you phone number on this forum.  

Message 34 of 49
latest reply

INR New Policy

My comment is about the larger picture here, the rules that affect everyone.  This is just a particular example, if its not an example you like or have issue with, there will be plenty of other instances coming where the rule changes will impact and cause problems for good sellers who didn't do anything wrong.

You can't see the forest through the trees apparently.  You try to dismiss the larger point made by nitpicking the specific case that brought up the larger discussion point of the overall negative rule change that will apply across many multiple scenarios.

Message 35 of 49
latest reply

INR New Policy

@rugerskick wrote:

My comment is about the larger picture here, the rules that affect everyone.  This is just a particular example, if its not an example you like or have issue with, there will be plenty of other instances coming where the rule changes will impact and cause problems for good sellers who didn't do anything wrong.

You can't see the forest through the trees apparently.  You try to dismiss the larger point made by nitpicking the specific case that brought up the larger discussion point of the overall negative rule change that will apply across many multiple scenarios.

Let's use the title of this particular thread.  The changes in the INR rules does NOT affect all sellers.  It ONLY affects international sellers.  You would be incorrect in believing that all rules apply to all sellers.  There are differences.

I've asked you for more specifics on what you are seeing as an issue.  I was specific, but you did not want to expand on it.  Your right of course.  Generic or blanket comments aren't really helpful IMHO.

"...there will be plenty of other instances coming where the rule changes will impact and cause problems for good sellers who didn't do anything wrong."  Would you be specific about this.  What is "coming"?  How do you see it hurting sellers in general?

"You can't see the forest through the trees apparently. "  You would be correct, I can't, but only because you won't be specific, so I don't know what exactly you are referring to.  Makes it darn difficult to see the forest when you don't know where or what the forest is!

I'm not dismissing anything.  I want to understand.  I'm willing to understand.  You just won't get down to specifics except the changes in the INR claims that affect International sellers.  I'm not "nitpicking", I want to understand, you are just not willing to get specific.

Message 36 of 49
latest reply

INR New Policy

eBay reported an annual net loss of $1.2 billion in 2022, a 109% decline from 2021. eBay seller count also dropping dramatically. And those silly INRs............  Someone wants to through out eBay from the market?

Message 37 of 49
latest reply

INR New Policy

@x-sistema wrote:

eBay reported an annual net loss of $1.2 billion in 2022, a 109% decline from 2021. eBay seller count also dropping dramatically. And those silly INRs............  Someone wants to through out eBay from the market?

@x-sistema 

Care to share some links showing those numbers ????  I don't see anything like that when I go and search up their financial info, but maybe I'm looking in all the wrong places !

https://investors.ebayinc.com/financial-information/annual-reports/default.aspx

Message 38 of 49
latest reply

INR New Policy

INR New Policy

If one does ebay's report numbers  of  percentage  of  second mark  and so called hobby seller's loss's  to buyer  fraud , return abuse  vs  INR 's  ?  I say  Buyer fraud  and return abuse is in higher number's  out pace  INR's and  Snad.  .

Message 40 of 49
latest reply

INR New Policy

I was  going to ask  as well . Since  Ebay and Amazon  have never  reported   their loss's  to the national  retailers Lost Prevention .com  or their  reporting center office in New Mexico . 

Message 41 of 49
latest reply

INR New Policy

@x-sistema wrote:

Here it is: https://www.businessofapps.com/data/ebay-statistics/

@x-sistema 

That is interesting, thank you.  As are these numbers.

https://investors.ebayinc.com/investor-news/press-release-details/2023/eBay-Inc.-Reports-Better-Than...

Message 42 of 49
latest reply

INR New Policy

Yes, indeed - net loss in 2022 was 1,269 $bn.. Seems that they expecting some "little" profit in 2023. In my opinion current INR policy will cause dramatic loses in 2024.

Message 43 of 49
latest reply

INR New Policy

@x-sistema wrote:

Yes, indeed - net loss in 2022 was 1,269 $bn.. Seems that they expecting some "little" profit in 2023. In my opinion current INR policy will cause dramatic loses in 2024.

I have to admit that the new INR policy that international sellers have to adhere to is a difficult one to be sure.  And while I agree it is harsh, I don't think it is going to have as big of an impact on Ebay's bottom line as you believe it will.  But only time will tell.

Message 44 of 49
latest reply

INR New Policy

In recent months we have seen Ebay destroying Ebay, with constant restrictions, now, with threats of restrictions and suspensions with this INR, which only makes many sellers afraid to invest in new products, because if they are suspended they don't know what to do with them afterwards, in the last 3 months I have already been suspended 4 or 5 times, for products that I have always sold for 12 years and that now I cannot sell because they decided so, or because the products in question do not have the tag our label in English, they put AI to do the research but we all know that artificial intelligence makes a lot of mistakes, we lose but ebay is also losing, it doesn't hurt but it demoralizes, and I'm 100 percent positive, It almost feels like I'm at school in the old days when teachers used to slap rulers on students' hands when they made mistakes in dictation, sad

Message 45 of 49
latest reply