cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to link my PayPal account to my eBay account

Hello.

I need help. I want to link my PayPal account to my eBay account. So that the buyer can purchase the item with PayPal. how do i do this. 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: I want to link my PayPal account to my eBay account

Hi @adjutapinto2018 

Buyer pays with their PayPal account directly to eBay and then eBay sends YOUR sales proceeds to your bank account NOT your PayPal account.  You do not need a PayPal account to Sell on eBay.  

You can link your PayPal account to your eBay account as a back up payment method found on this page:  Seller Hub | Your financial summary | eBay

Buyers who want to pay you by sending you money to your PayPal account is a policy violation and selling OFF eBay.  Tell them you don't do that.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I looked at your listings, they say I can pay with Paypal.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Hi @adjutapinto2018 

Buyer pays with their PayPal account directly to eBay and then eBay sends YOUR sales proceeds to your bank account NOT your PayPal account.  You do not need a PayPal account to Sell on eBay.  

You can link your PayPal account to your eBay account as a back up payment method found on this page:  Seller Hub | Your financial summary | eBay

Buyers who want to pay you by sending you money to your PayPal account is a policy violation and selling OFF eBay.  Tell them you don't do that.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

There are many scammers on EBAY....do not give anyone your PayPal information.   If customer is telling they cannot pay for the item (that is a lie).

You do not need to link your PayPal account to EBAY.    EBAY already has many options for the customer to pay (including PayPal).

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

You do not have to link your PayPal account to your eBay account. You don't even have to HAVE a PayPal account.  Any buyer who has a PayPal account can use it to pay for your items.  Remember, all buyer payments go through eBay's Managed Payments system, so it's eBay that decides which payment options are available to the buyer.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@adjutapinto2018 

Sounds like someone is trying to scam you.  There is no more paypal for payments.  Customers can pay with paypal, but you cannot receive money from the sale via Paypal.  Don't give them your paypal email address, you won't get paid. Tell them to pay via eBay payment method that is on the invoice.  If not, cancel the sale after 4 days citing non payment and block this person from further taking up your time.  

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Actually, I would think you would need a Payoneer account since you are in Eastern Europe (Republic of Georgia). Your buyer can still pay with PayPal on eBay and doesn't need your PayPal information to complete the transaction.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

they already can use paypal

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

No can do. Paypal is only for buyers to buy things.
All your buyer needs to do is go through the checkout and select Paypal to make a payment.

IMG_1488.jpeg

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Thank you all very much. Everything became clear to me with your help.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@adjutapinto2018 

Please be careful friend.  Scammers are everywhere.

Happy Selling

Message 11 of 11
latest reply