cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I recently refunded a buyer and sent him postage a package but up till now i haent recevied items

He is ignoring my messages 

Can you help

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I recently refunded a buyer and sent him postage a package but up till now i haent recevied items

Do you mean you refunded BEFORE you got the item back?    If so, probably nothing you can do.....altho you are in the UK, asking in the US, so you might post on the UK board to see if there is something on that site you can do.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

You shouldn't refund the buyer until you have received the item back. If you refund a buyer before you receive the item back, eBay will tell you not to expect the buyer to return the item and I believe they tell the buyer not to bother returning it.  I wouldn't expect that you will ever get it back. Maybe you'll get lucky. Lesson learned. I hope it doesn't cost you too much.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/handle-return-request-seller?id=4115

That page has a section reading:

Give a full refund: You'll issue a full refund to the buyer, including original shipping costs, and they'll keep the item. This is a good option for low-value items. (emphasis added)

That's seemingly what you did.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I asked ebay to refund but there was mothers I could request not to refund until I received item back

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Ittainly is a lesson learnt it cist me £60.00  I just don't know Ow how people could be so dishonest.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

If they opened a return request,  you should have waited to get the item back before refunding. Refunding means they keep the item, and the money.

Not sure how this happened, exactly... can you elaborate?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@justjune-2 wrote:

Ittainly is a lesson learnt it cist me £60.00  I just don't know Ow how people could be so dishonest.

How is the buyer dishonest? You refunded instead of waiting to get the item back, when you do this you are telling your buyer,”Here’s your refund you can keep the widget”. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

You are not an inexperienced eBayer (03/17/15).  Not sure why you'd refund without having received the returned item.  Was this the first time one of your buyers has opened an NAD case?  

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

You are not an inexperienced eBayer (03/17/15).  Not sure why you'd refund without having received the returned item.  Was this the first time one of your buyers has opened an NAD case?  

They've been using eBay for many years, but they have only 17 feedback as a seller, all within the past 6 months. So I suspect that they just didn't understand the logic of the return/refund process.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Do you send out items to customers and trust them to pay you later?

I'm guessing you don't.

That's the same reason you should not refund a customer before receiving the item back?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 10 of 10
latest reply