cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange decisions from ebay - New Scam Beware!

So first time poster here. Been on eBay for 10 years, seen all the usual scams etc and have had to just suck it up most of the time but this is a new one for sellers to watch out for. 

So had a buyer purchase about £200 worth of goods over 6 auctions. Buyer paid and I sent via special delivery. It appeared he wasn’t in both times they tried and it went back to his local post office for collection. Now he opened cases to eBay saying not received and I responded same day with tracking number and saying it’s at local post office. After 4 or 5 days he escalated with eBay and they gave him full refund. Then …. You guessed it an hour later he went to post office and picked up item. 

I complained to eBay and they refunded me for half the items? After a further 40 mins on the phone I got through to someone sensible who appealed them successfully and gave me a full refund and reported the buyer in my behalf for the fraud aspect. Problem solved or so you would think… 

I added buyer to blocked list yet he managed to bid and win 10 of my items on Sunday there. Then I saw he left 6 negative feedback today saying I’m a cheat and a thief? Utterly bizarre but given the previous history I thought eBay would remove them easily. Not so, they removed 3 for breaking eBay’s policies (ie. Clearly false defamatory) but said the other 3 stood as it’s the buyer honest opinion? This is despite the comments being a paste and repeat so how can 3 break the policy and not the rest? 

I’m literally at a loss of what to do, I’ve clearly been defrauded, eBay agreed and said they took the financial hit on this yet they are still protecting some of his comments and not others? Wasted over 4 hours today, so frustrated. Normally once eBay have identified a fraud etc whilst they don’t ever take action against the buyer they have previously usually protected me well. Anyone else been a victim of this? 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Did you cancel the 10 items he won? Or...what did you do?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Yes I cancelled all 10 items he won. That isn’t the issue (well it’s annoying considering he is on my blocked buyer list but at least I haven’t lost anything). The feedback for the previous order is the issue. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I've always wondered  what good it really is to block a buyer when they can just create a new account and keep ordering.  I ran across a buyer that just created a new account for each purchase he made.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

You have a right to state what happen after his negative feedback. Be professional, state your an honest seller and this is what happened. Do not say anything crude about the buyer other than what happened. Do not mention fraud just say that facts.    Buyers will read that and see you  had an issue with the buyer opening an unfair claim when records showed he collected his package after he opened the claim stating package never was received.  

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@vinttoys2015 wrote:

I've always wondered  what good it really is to block a buyer when they can just create a new account and keep ordering.  I ran across a buyer that just created a new account for each purchase he made.

If a buyer circumvents a block by using a different account, that's reportable as it's a policy violation.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

There may be a different policy on the UK site, but on dotCOM and dotCA, your shipment would be considered Undeliverable and you would not be required to refund a  cent.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

Post your problem to the UK site for more accurate information.

And then contact eBay through the reps assigned to social media.

I won't give you the  North American ones, because they will be unfamiliar with the UK policies.

You do NOT want to talk, orally, with a phone rep.

You want a trained eBay employee who can consider your problem and has some authority to act on it.

And you get a transcript so you can see if what you are told matches what you thought you were told.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

@vinttoys2015 wrote:

If a buyer circumvents a block by using a different account, that's reportable as it's a policy violation.

If item is shipping to the same address as a previously Blocked Buyer used do you think would this be an appropriate reason to cancel sale using problem with address?

Message 8 of 8
latest reply