cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm tired of logging into my account every 30 minutes and playing stupid Captcha games..

Does eBay want my money or not?  How am I supposed to be productive on the site when I am constantly being forced to log in and lose work in the process?  Tried getting help from support and they just treated my like I'm an idiot.  Granted eBay support is worthless, they just exist to get you off the phone as fast as possible.

Anyone else dealing with these nonstop login requests on their selling account?

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

I'm tired of logging into my account every 30 minutes and playing stupid Captcha games..

It shouldn't be normal. Is it a browser update issue? Everythings clean and up to date? Pop-up blocker?

CS doesn't know what's up on your end, they don't usually know that's up on their end!

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Started today ..  prompts me to sign-in when i go to print a shipping label

Very annoying.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

If it’s a security update then I am very pleased with the change. The hackers are out there in droves lately.

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Me too.  Started in last couple days.  Have to log in 10 to 20 times a day.  Best of all in chrome on a laptop have to log in TWICE every time, first login always fails with no change to password between first and second try.  That's really a new one on me!

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Everything should be good here.  I'm in the IT field so in theory I should know if my computers are borked.

I'm shocked they even know how to speak.  I would be happier with CS if they just hung up on me instantly rather than finding creative ways to annoy me till I hang up and find another meat sack to talk to.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

It has been getting progressively worse all week for me today being the worst. 

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

It doesn't really stop anything though.  A scammer would have more patience than myself since it is just free money to them.  If I can type my password in more than once correctly and verify the 2 factor code that should be proof enough.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Latest update.  Just checking stuff at home and had to login for reasons that are actually justified.  

Someone that works at eBay disabled my 2 factor authentication without my permission!!!

Someone literally made my account less secure despite security supposedly being important.  I want their head on a plate.  I did just talk to someone on the phone that was reasonable and intelligent which was nice.  They suggested the possibility of it needing to be removed to check the issue.  Regardless that is something that shouldn't be changed with out explicit confirmed account holder permission.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Yes . I think so

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

There is hope.  Mine started a week ago and vanished yesterday.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

Anyone else dealing with these nonstop login requests on their selling account?

All the time!  On one level, I get why they're doing it.  But it's all the time, plus the service doesn't work half the time.  So it turns into just another annoying thing on the road of being on ebay.

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

How I got rid of this **bleep** constant sign in and captcha was by resetting the Firefox browser, then clearing all offsite web data. I need to do this a couple of times a month or the repeat sign ins start coming back. The cs support don't have a clue how to help with this issue.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

OP is correct. Started about 2 weeks ago. I get login requirements using a PC (and Chrome) at least 5 times more often than normal. Almost every time I click on 'view order details' I get the prompt.

Not sure what is going on, but it's definitely not normal whatsoever lately. (If I had to deal with Captcha's I'd be livid about it).

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

So yet again, I try to post a message and hit enter, get the login page, log in and get the error message.  Am I being punished for being here on the message board?  I am so fed up with the glitches that I may give this site up for good.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply