cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm selling more to international customers

Ever since I started sending more sold packages to the eBay hub (eBay International Shipping ), I have been selling much more to international customers.  Are others finding this to be true?  What makes the difference?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

1 or 2 a month, more then before EIS, didn't sell international. I've only had one combined shipping order which seems weird since I use to get them all the time years ago.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I had a EIS sale last week.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

1 or 2 a month, more then before EIS, didn't sell international. I've only had one combined shipping order which seems weird since I use to get them all the time years ago.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

That's a pretty relative statement, especially when you have 37,000+ items listed. What percentage of your weekly sales are you shipping EIS?

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@aephelps wrote:

Ever since I started sending more sold packages to the eBay hub (eBay International Shipping ), I have been selling much more to international customers.  Are others finding this to be true?  What makes the difference?

This question doesn't make sense.  If you're sending more packages to the EIS hub, it's because you sold them.  So .... it sounds like you believe you're getting more international sales because you're getting more international sales.  Is English not your primary language? 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I am not a major seller so my international sales through EIS have been pretty much the same as before I started using the program. What has changed is I ship to virtually every country in the world under the EIS program due to the extensive seller protections. Prior to EIS I used the GSP but shipped to a limited number of countries due to the risks associated with some areas: South America, Africa and a lot of Asia. 

I have a number of items I will not sell on eBay simply due to the scammer risk but if I could figure out a way to sell those just to international buyers through EIS I would be inclined to list them. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I like percentages better than raw numbers for things like this, because just saying we sent a few packages via the eIS doesn't tell you anything about how many we sent domestically.

So, we sent 5.42% of our order internationally this past 90 days.  That still equals quite a few for us, but it's a small portion of our sales.  I'm not sure how that's changed over time, if I had the time I would look it up but I'm a little short on that right now.  Definitely interesting to know, since those are actually some of the safest sales for a seller to make!

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@gurlcat has a point.  
Best I can tell,  the O/P seems to simply be selling more items international since eBay started the EIS program.   And wants to know if other sellers are selling more international as well.   (as compared to before eBay started the EIS program).
OR, at least that's how I understand the O/P?

In the past, before EIS, I did not directly ship overseas.   When EIS started, I began to see orders/sales that were going overseas.  And I'm fine with that because "I" am not actually shipping overseas.  (I'm shipping to a forwarder inside the U.S.).
So yes, I went from no international sales to some international sales.
 HOWEVER, what surprises me is the amount of items/sales that I have that end up International.
The amount is enough that I've changed my sourcing habits to increase EIS sales even more.
There are things that seem to be in demand in certain parts of the world, and apparently not easy to find.
I've figured out "some" of that so far.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

In the GPS system I got lots of international orders. More recently very few. I have dropped the ball on the EIS program, need to check into it.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Just checked and I'm enrolled in the EIS program. So I guess the drop in international sales is due to some reason that I'm not really aware of.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Assuming you're correct about what the OP meant.  

I've never done direct international sales, and my first few years here I sold only to within the U.S.  But I signed on to the GSP at least a year before it changed to EIS.  Right away my sales jumped so much I felt silly for never having given it a try before.  But here's the thing -a large portion, maybe half, of my GSP sales were to Russia and Ukraine.   And then eBay blocked both those countries and it was fairly close in time when GSP switched to EIS.  

Long reply short, I gon't get as many EIS sales as I did GSP, but it seems that has more to do with losing my former Soviet buyers, apart from the odd one here and there who seem to buy my items and get them delivered via side routes of various sorts.  I sure do wish that war would end.  

Message 11 of 11
latest reply