Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I love eBay!

BINGO!

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I love eBay!

Wow. They wouldn't let me post THIS the first time...
I noticed something recently. My sales on eBay have tanked, so to generate more traffic to my items, I share them on Twitter. I once use to get at least 12 views per tweet, then it gradually declined to maybe 4-9 views, maybe due to too much tweeting. However, something told me to go to eBay Australia to tweet your items, and BAM. at least 20-23 views, I even saw close to 30, which is a considerable increase. I tried eBay UK and more views again than on the US site. My question is this, and I hope I don't sound paranoid, but is eBay restricting views and exposure on the US site? Really, I treat my business like I owned the company, with expected honesty and trust (which is more valuable than money, if you ask me) that a customer expects, but to not get as much sales as I did in the previous years is puzzling and unnerving. Is eBay giving more quarter to the international sites than to the American site?
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I love eBay!

@eze-right1 wrote:
Wow. They wouldn't let me post THIS the first time...
I noticed something recently. My sales on eBay have tanked, so to generate more traffic to my items, I share them on Twitter. I once use to get at least 12 views per tweet, then it gradually declined to maybe 4-9 views, maybe due to too much tweeting. However, something told me to go to eBay Australia to tweet your items, and BAM. at least 20-23 views, I even saw close to 30, which is a considerable increase. I tried eBay UK and more views again than on the US site. My question is this, and I hope I don't sound paranoid, but is eBay restricting views and exposure on the US site? Really, I treat my business like I owned the company, with expected honesty and trust (which is more valuable than money, if you ask me) that a customer expects, but to not get as much sales as I did in the previous years is puzzling and unnerving. Is eBay giving more quarter to the international sites than to the American site?

The thing about tweeting is that you are tweeting to your followers (for the most part) and if you don't have stuff they want the first time they visit, they are less likely to visit with every subsequent tweet.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

I love eBay!

@z50com

Hi,Z, I thought you posted this thread, but it's not you!

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I love eBay!

Not sure what you mean......how could ebay stop twitter people from clicking on the link on twitter (I presume) and seeing your item? 

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

I love eBay!

eze-right1 wrote:..........My sales on eBay have tanked..........but to not get as much sales as I did in the previous years is puzzling and unnerving.

Without knowing ALL the facts and figures, there is no way anybody could begin to even venture a guess that is anything more than paranoia, sour grapes, or.. simply guessing.  You aren't the only one to complain that their sales here are down.  On the other hand, many eBay sellers are experiencing sales that are better than ever, so....  ?

Are YOU still running as many listings, at the prices that sold previously, of the same quality and desirability, of the same *stuff* as you did in previous years?  Are you selling in the exact same categories?  Are there no more sellers in competition with you now than were in those past years?  For most of us, the answer that competition is out there in far greater numbers, AND at the same time, there are a bazillion more online sites for buyers to shop on!

Have you searched for your own items as though you were a buyer to see where your things show up in the search order, and then checked them for price and condition in comparison with the other listings?  Would YOU make the purchase from you, if you were the buyer?

As to the tweets, I didn't know folks even took that as a reason to go look at anyone's eBay listings.  lol 

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

I love eBay!

Have you tried Nigerian Twitter? I have been getting offers like crazy, some over a million dollars.

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I love eBay!

siayan wrote:

Have you tried Nigerian Twitter? I have been getting offers like crazy, some over a million dollars.

We're always advised to go where the money is.  I understand there are lots of wealthy people there, anxious to get their money out of Nigeria with the help of one of us, so I'll bet you're advice about Nigerian Twitter is right on!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I love eBay!

@siayan wrote:

But you have to ship overnight because it is for their son's birthday, but they will gladly pay you several hundred dollars extra for your trouble!

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

I love eBay!

Which raises a question: Why the heck does eBay suggest to share items on Twitter then? Above all, why should they? They're eBay! No, what is true is that the company's a little wonky right now, and I'm not the only one. New search engine, CEO that would rather sell a bunch of stuff in a longer period of time that a bunch of stuff in a shorter time...yeah. Something's wrong.
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

I love eBay!

There is probably a lot less fake chinese junk and sellers on ebay au or uk than there are on .com

Who wants to wade through all of those? Wish the US only checkbox meant real US sellers, not chinese ones with a 100 square foot office in a warehouse in the US and still shipping from china.

I love eBay!

So how exactly do you share your stuff on Twitter? I have over 500 followers including some celebrites which is a cool. I've never really thought of sharing what I sold on eBay on Twitter so I wouldn't know how to do it. 

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

I love eBay!

@d-k_treasures wrote:

There is probably a lot less fake chinese junk and sellers on ebay au or uk than there are on .com

Who wants to wade through all of those? Wish the US only checkbox meant real US sellers, not chinese ones with a 100 square foot office in a warehouse in the US and still shipping from china.

That might depend on the category. I did a quick search for womens dresses on the Australian site from sellers in China - 3.9 million shown to an Australian user (3.4 shown to US addresses)

The same search on  .com from sellers in China  - 2.8 million shown to US users

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I love eBay!

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

@d-k_treasures wrote:

That might depend on the category. I did a quick search for womens dresses on the Australian site from sellers in China - 3.9 million shown to an Australian user (3.4 shown to US addresses)

The same search on  .com from sellers in China  - 2.8 million shown to US users

But again, you are getting results where only the item location states US. You don't know how many chinese sellers register on .com and ship from china - even though the item location states US. 

And how do you search for sellers just in china?

I love eBay!

@siayan wrote:

No doubt from displaced royalty or from someone who wants you to ship overnight, for their son's birthday, and will gladly pay you one million dollars extra if you will send it immediately!

Message 15 of 15
latest reply