cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I keep "unexcluding countries", and eBay keeps "re-excluding" them.

So here's the situation . . . 

Originally I had my seller preferences set to exclude Italy.

After a while I decided I didn't want to exclude Italy any more.  So I went into Site Preferences and "unchecked" Italy.  I just double-checked my Site Preferences and it confirms that I currently don't have any countries excluded.

44292050065_e975bebbc5_z

BUT I started noticing that whenever I pop in to revise a new auction--it is STILL excluding Italy.  At first I figured this was error on my part, like maybe I had relisted an unsold auction that still had the old exclusion.   But even if I manually change a listing to allow Italian bidders, the change doesn't "take."  

Usually if I'm listing an item I go to one of my current items and select "Sell Similar" to start the process.  So I thought maybe that was the problem.   So last night I listed an item "fresh"--not based on a template, not based on "sell similar", did the whole thing from scratch start to finish.   And I checked carefully to make sure NOTHING was set for exclusion while I listed it.

Today I went to revise the listing and . . . Italy is excluded.  Why is this happening?  This is so aggravating.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I didn't check your listings, but are you selling something that you are not allowed to send to that country?
If not, you can try calling eBay CS. They may (or may not-depending on agent) help you
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I sell a lot of vintage toys, and it's true that Italy has some wacky customs rules around toys.  But there would be a HUGE kerfuffle in the vintage toy community if eBay were systematically excluding toy sellers from shipping to Italy.  I would definitely have heard about it if they were doing that.  So I don't think that's the case.

Also, even my listings that aren't toys--like ribbons or books--are having this issue.  I think it's some kind of programming error, or some setting that needs to be fixed.

Does eBay have a help email?  To be frank, I hate calling them.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@sapphireseal wrote:

I sell a lot of vintage toys, and it's true that Italy has some wacky customs rules around toys.  But there would be a HUGE kerfuffle in the vintage toy community if eBay were systematically excluding toy sellers from shipping to Italy.  I would definitely have heard about it if they were doing that.  So I don't think that's the case.

Also, even my listings that aren't toys--like ribbons or books--are having this issue.  I think it's some kind of programming error, or some setting that needs to be fixed.

Does eBay have a help email?  To be frank, I hate calling them.

No @sapphireseal, eBay doesn't have a Help email.  It's call them or nothing.  (Or ask here...  😉  )

I took a look at about a dozen of your listings.  It's not just toys that are being affected so it can't be that your toys are not allowed to be shipped to Italy.

Items that have no exclusions include your pony ribbon and a Nintendo game.  Some items that have Italy excluded range from toys to books to teddy bear shoes.   IOW, there's no consistency or pattern that I can see.

I wonder however, when you went in to set/revise your shipping locations (which was to include Italy) if you remembered to check the check box at the bottom of the screen that says that your shipping rules should be applied to all your current listings? 

See below:

ShippingExclusions.jpg

If you don't click that box and also hit "Save" at the bottom of the page, any changes you make will only be good from that point onward.  IOW, current listings will be unaffected.

Why don't you try doing that, wait a bit for eBay's servers to re-index and see if that fixes your problem....

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I tried the "Apply to Current Listings" but that didn't work either.

Unfortunately for my potential Italian buyers, I am not willing to suffer the grueling slog through eBay CS to reinstate them.   Though I did disable the "prevent people from bidding if they are from a country I exclude", so maybe that will help.

I guess the takeaway here is that eBay is glitchy.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply