cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC999 Indefinite suspension

I make handmade wooden gun racks. Five years ago my account received an indefinite suspension MC999 due to a problem I had with one buyer. I did not sell a huge amount so this one buyer was able to completely destroy my gold rating and have my seller account closed. I sell my racks now in my own webstore, on Amazon, Etsy, and Gunbroker. I was wondering if anyone has been successful getting their seller status reinstated after a 5 year waiting period, and if so, how? Would I be wasting my time or is there an actual process I can do? I appreciate any help whatsoever.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@z240dude wrote:

He had like  what 2 negatives? So he had 523 postives and you are implying that he was being trashed?? That is not an accurate assessment at all

Well, that's not quite accurate. Out of the OP's feedback comments as a seller, five were negative and eight were neutral (albeit two by one buyer). Several of the positive feedback comments mentioned issues with the transactions.

I'm not interested in trashing the OP. I'm not in the market for what he sells, so I don't really have a dog in this fight; however, to say he had two negatives out of 523 positives isn't accurate either. There's more to the OP's selling issues than one disgruntled buyer.

@stevendestiny

Give eBay a call and see if they can help you out. I'd also agree with the assessment by a previous poster that selling on eBay now is, um, shall we say "challenging."

View Best Answer in original post

Message 15 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

If you think you had buyer issues here 5 years ago.....well my friend.......let me tell ya...the issues we sellers are facing with dishonest buyers today is TOTALLY OUT OF CONTROL. But as to your question, I have no idea unfortunately. But if you really want to take the ebay plunge then perhaps just open an entirely new user name. But as the old song goes "once bitten twice shy".....Think about it

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Thanks for your reply. I am definitely thinking twice before doing anything. I was just hoping to hear of anyone that has had any luck getting reinstated.
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@z240dude wrote:

But if you really want to take the ebay plunge then perhaps just open an entirely new user name.

That's against policy and would ensure this seller never regains selling privileges.

@stevendestiny, what were the circumstances surrounding the suspension? Typically it takes a lot more than an issue with one buyer to result in a permanent suspension.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

The buyer purchased a rack which had the size of the openings clearly stated. When he received it, he decided they weren't large enough. After several emails, I sent him a new part but he still wasn't happy and opened a dispute. He then decided he wanted a refund since he had to replace the part himself (with just a screwdriver). I was fed up by this time but it didn't matter as ebay had closed the account already. I typically only sold a few items a week so his complaints on the matter were able to inflict lasting consequences on me.
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

You may want to take a look at this https://www.ebay.com/help/account/account-holds-restrictions-suspensions/account-holds-restrictions-...

You can call ebay or have them call you from this link.  Wait time is only 1 minute right now.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Yes, I do believe you can get your account reinstated. You will have to grovel a lot and pay any unpaid fees to include paypal and/or ebay paid expenses if they reimbursed your buyer and were never able to recover those costs from you. Even after payment, no guarantee of them activating your account. You will have to show them you have learned your lesson, remorse etc. and If they approve it, I believe your account will be very limited for quite some time. It can be done. Best people to check with are the @ebay folks.

Good Luck.
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

You do realize we can all look at your previous feedback and tell that it wasn't just one buyer trashing your account?
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@Anonymous

If they're already in a boat of potentially NEVER being reinstated I would go for it actually. If they weren't going to be let back in then what's the harm of being permanently banned? It's not like eBay is this awesome place anymore that a seller absolutely needs. 

The truth has few friends but many enemies.
No one is perfect, though a mirror and the right clothes may make some think otherwise.
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Well they have your  old name and account on file so I figured they would let you start over again from 0. Guess I was wrong. I wasn't suggesting he start a new account using someone else's name which is for sure against the rules

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@z240dude wrote:

If you think you had buyer issues here 5 years ago.....well my friend.......let me tell ya...the issues we sellers are facing with dishonest buyers today is TOTALLY OUT OF CONTROL. But as to your question, I have no idea unfortunately. But if you really want to take the ebay plunge then perhaps just open an entirely new user name. But as the old song goes "once bitten twice shy".....Think about it

Do not give out that type of advice.  If a seller is banned, opening up another account is against the rules and he will have no chance to be reinstated.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Well as I replied to Biggerfish above I will reply the same to you. I figured since ebay has your  old name and account on file anyway they know who you are and so I figured they would let you start over again from 0 witha new account. Guess I was wrong. I wasn't suggesting he start a new account using someone else's name which is for sure against the rules

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

He had like  what 2 negatives? So he had 523 postives and you are implying that he was being trashed?? That is not an accurate assessment at all

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

If you are banned under one screen name, you cannot open a new account  to circumvent the block.

Yes I am sure ebay has a way to tie together ISP addresses, but they might not find you immediately.  That does not mean you have the go ahead to do it.

If you are banned that is it.  There is no coming back unless ebay lets you back in by lifting the ban.  You cannot do an end run arund it.

And you need to be careful because giving out info to tell someone to do something against ebay rules, can cause you to lose your posting privileges or even get sanctioned youself.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@z240dude wrote:

Well, that's not quite accurate. Out of the OP's feedback comments as a seller, five were negative and eight were neutral (albeit two by one buyer). Several of the positive feedback comments mentioned issues with the transactions.

I'm not interested in trashing the OP. I'm not in the market for what he sells, so I don't really have a dog in this fight; however, to say he had two negatives out of 523 positives isn't accurate either. There's more to the OP's selling issues than one disgruntled buyer.

@stevendestiny

Give eBay a call and see if they can help you out. I'd also agree with the assessment by a previous poster that selling on eBay now is, um, shall we say "challenging."

Message 15 of 16
latest reply