cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just won an INR as the seller...kinda?

Hello to everyone.

Buyer opened an INR for an item that was DELIVERED, and ans then eBay just suddenly came in and said that they refunded the buyer - but didn't take any money from my PP account? I'm confused about this and why I didn't refund them. They said that they ruled in my favor, so why would they have to refund the buyer?

case1.PNG

case2.PNG

https://bio.link/langs
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: I just won an INR as the seller...kinda?

It was a courtesy refund to the buyer. You won the case, eBay paid the buyer.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

@copper.boom wrote:

It's also the way ebay encourages this type of behavior by rewarding the buyer even when the buyer is wrong.

Hope you blocked this one!

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

@pirate_snoopy wrote:

case1.PNG

The request was started on May 26 --

and the buyer was able to escalate on May 27, the next day:

Are we now secretly back to the previous resolution process where --

a case can be escalated as soon as both buyer and seller have had a say?

Or is it it can be escalated soon as the seller has delivered delivered tracking.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

@hafoster wrote:

@pirate_snoopy wrote:

case1.PNG

Or is it it can be escalated soon as the seller has delivered delivered tracking.

When the policy is always the policy till it's not... who knows?

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

@hafoster wrote:

The seller uploaded tracking to the case which showed confirmed delivery. The seller could have escalated to have it closed if they wanted. The buyer decided to escalate and talked eBay into a courtesy refund.

I'm not concerned about this particular situation being escalated the next day because eBay didn't make any decisions before seller had uploaded tracking with confirmed delivery.

If the item was still in transit and showed active tracking updates and eBay still escalated, then I would be concerned.

Hopefully that was the buyer's one and only courtesy refund... Smiley Indifferent

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

What concerns me is they refunded them so quickly. That package could still show up, a neighbor might have it or it could have been left in an alt location. I had the mailman throw a return in my garage once, took me 3 or 4 days to stumble across it.
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@copper.boom wrote:

The seller uploaded tracking to the case which showed confirmed delivery. The seller could have escalated to have it closed if they wanted. The buyer decided to escalate and talked eBay into a courtesy refund.

I always thought that sellers should not escalate the case because eBay usually rules in the favor of the buyer...would this be a time when you should escalate it?

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

@pirate_snoopy wrote:

@copper.boom wrote:

I always thought that sellers should not escalate the case because eBay usually rules in the favor of the buyer...would this be a time when you should escalate it?

INR case where tracking confirmed delivery? Yes. I've done it before. It's pretty much the only time eBay protects the seller.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Seems like they made BOTH happy....maybe that is a good business decission.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

@pirate_snoopy wrote:

@copper.boom wrote:

This would be a time when you would CALL ebay to escalate it. Never trust the resolution center bots. Even if you proivde proof of delivery, the bots WILL find in favor of the buyer and refund out of your pocket. Its not THAT common but it has happened enough that I would never advise a seller to escalate unless they call to do it.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

It's also the way ebay encourages this type of behavior by rewarding the buyer even when the buyer is wrong.

There is nothing wrong about a buyer complaining when he doesn't get his stuff.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

@couldabeenworse wrote:

There is nothing wrong about a buyer complaining when he doesn't get his stuff.

But, when tracking shows it's delivered, there's something wrong 🙂

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Reporting an item as DELIVERED does not mean the buyer actually receivced it.  I once bought an item, the seller shipped it, it was reported as DELIVERED, but I never received it.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

How do you know that the buyer received the item?

Message 15 of 17
latest reply