cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have the best mail carrier...

and her name is Sue.  I live on a state highway in a rural town and we currently have about 10" of snow and it's not done yet.  When I did a pickup request online last night, I added in the pickup box that if she couldn't get in with her vehicle, that Monday was fine as my buyers were ok with that.  

Well, the drift in front of the driveway was about 15" at least so what did she do?  She got out of her vehicle and walked the mail in (!) picking up my packages and trudging all the way back.  She always gets a gift from us at Christmas and now I'll be baking brownies for Monday.  Thank you, Sue🤗

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: I have the best mail carrier...

I don't think USPS employees are allowed to eat brownies while on the job - especially if they're driving.  Wrap them well, and tell Sue not to eat them until she gets home.

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

I am a believer of recognizing great efforts when they happen. Sounds like you have a great carrier and the fact you give them a gift around Xmas sure doesn't hurt. Some of my friends ask my why i would tip or give a gift to a carrier when its their job. Sure its their job but when they show excellent service, it should be recognized. Especially in today's environment where customer service rarely exists.

Good for them and Good for you.

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

@flp 

Hey a big shout out to Sue from rural America!!! 

What a nice post, thank you.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Thank you for this post. Sue - and all the Sues of the world - need to be recognized. 

The people at the counter of my local PO - 55411 - are fantastic. When I hear them talk to people in front of me, they are so professional and patient. They have to say the same things many times a day - "anything liquid, hazardous, or perishable...", "so if you want this there by Monday, it would have to go ___ and that would be ____" - but they never seem annoyed or bothered by questions, etc. Even when someone hands them a box with a FedEx or UPS label, they are never sarcastic. Customer Service is a rare and dying art, but they still have it. 

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

@hartungcards wrote:

I don't think USPS employees are allowed to eat brownies while on the job - especially if they're driving.  Wrap them well, and tell Sue not to eat them until she gets home.

What kind of brownies do you think Sue is getting? 😉

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

It's that karma thing that goes around the 🌎.

Treat USPS employees nicely and you will be rewarded.

Treat USPS employees like crap and your mail might end up.....

A big shout out to wonderful Sue.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

@flp 

Thanks for the positive post concerning our mail carriers.  Many of them are overworked and have very long days.  My mail carrier is Desi.  Basically she's the only carrier I can count on as many days we don't get mail due to neglect.  When the Chiefs won the Superbowl this year I gave her a t-shirt with my gratitude for her good service.  She has yet to disappoint my self and other neighbors.  Mahalo for your service, Desi!

Thanks again!

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

"What kind of brownies do you think Sue is getting?"

Oh, I'm quite familiar with rural America brownies.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Yay for Sue!  I see good customer service all the time, but Sue sounds like she is gold-star stellar! (And thank you for calling her a mail carrier and not 'the mail lady').

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 10 of 22
latest reply

@doc-holmes ,

I would want the special ones with some extra ingredients make you feel better.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

Very nice to hear about Sue...and your appreciation.

I take my packages to the small town PO (within walking distance)  and can definitely say, we have great staff there. I plan on dropping off some Girl Scout cookies next weekend....

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

I disagree with you.

I think I have the best mail carrier.

Her name is Wendy.  😃

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Let's say they're tied for first  although Sue may have a slight advantage as there isn't much snow in Hawaii  (although you do have volcanoes)  😄😁

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

It's that karma thing that goes around the 🌎.

Treat USPS employees nicely and you will be rewarded.

Treat USPS employees like crap and your mail might end up.....

A big shout out to wonderful Sue.

I think the same applies to eBay buyers and perhaps "boardies" as well.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply