cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have sold an item on a buy it now auction and I sent invoices and reminders and I get no response.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I have sold an item on a buy it now auction and I sent invoices and reminders and I get no response.

@biggymoe wrote:

Welcome to the world of eBay.

Curious how that reply helps the OP?

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

It's not quite clear whether the item was sold with a winning auction bid or with the "Buy It Now" option; however, I'll assume it was by a winning auction bid. Members have 96 hours/four full calendar days to pay for the transaction. (No one seems to be sure quite which time frame is correct.)

If the member has not paid within that time period, you'll see an option to cancel for nonpayment. The option does appear until the time allowed for payment has passed.

Using the unpaid transaction cancellation process will give the member a "strike" on his/her account. Most savvy sellers have their buyer requirements set to block any member with two or more strikes in a twelve-month period (the most restrictive) from buying from them.

You can read more about the unpaid transaction cancellation process here:

Resolving unpaid items with buyers 

Here's where to set buyer requirements:

Buyer Requirements 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@biggymoe wrote:

Curious how that reply helps the OP?

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@rerit-22 

If it was for the watch, you're not going to get paid as the alleged buyer is not a registered user.  Same with the Women's Sketchers that you've relisted 3 times. 

If you want to avoid this type of non paying behavior,  stop using auction style listings and sell all your items at a fixed, buy it now price with immediate payment required checked off.  No best offers either or you will have the same problem.  You're a new seller, so it's important to keep your eyes wide and learn all you can to avoid any further issues.   Hope this is helpful. 

I wish you good luck with future sales and Happy New Year. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Really ????

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@lawnmowerpartsstore2 wrote:

Really ????

Yep, really. Do you find it helpful--really?

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

As noted in the other post, your buyer has been suspended.  File a cancellation based on "Buyer hasn't paid".  
Here is the Help page about what to do if a buyer doesn't pay:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/resolving-unpaid-items-buyers?id=4137 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Being new here, I'll share with you that eBay sends payment reminders to your buyer, so you can save yourself the time of invoicing. And know that buyers get 96 full hours to pay, unless you've sold Buy it Now with Immediate Payment Required. Good luck as a new seller here... there's a lot to learn.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Third time for emphasis... BUY IT NOW with IMMEDIATE PAYMENT REQUIRED

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Thank You!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply