cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a buyer telling me I have too many negatives.

I have a selling account. Yup, hard to believe this isn't it. Anyhoo, I'm at tens of thousands of feedback and at 99.8% positive for last 12 months. Which is 11 negatives, which means around 4000 positive. If you don't believe me, then move on there's no use of continuing to read the post. I'm a clothes seller and many of those are from buyer's who don't like how the clothes fit. It comes with the territory with clothes.

Anyhoo this buyer messaged me telling me to ship asap. I did. Then later he goes "cancel the order. You have too many negatives." I told him the package was already sent out. Then he replies "the reason was that you have a lot of complaints." He never bothered to respond about the package already been shipped.

I checked and this guy and he is actually primarily a seller. He has 120 feedbacks in the last year and only about a dozen of those are left by sellers. Doesn't have any negatives though. Wouldn't a guy like this know that if seller feedbacks are important to him when buying, he should at least take a look at a seller's BEFORE buying from them? Weird behavior how a seller like this doesn't do their homework before buying.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Dear buyer,

I'm sorry you feel that way.

The item has already been shipped.

If you are not satisfied for any reason,

please return it for a full refund.

Sincerely,

The Seller

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Why didn't you use you seller account to post this?

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

@rabites-n-chocobos wrote:

Why didn't you use you seller account to post this?

Why does the sun rise everyday? Cuz it can. 🙂

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

You're dealing with the public.  It goes that way.  I have a feeling they changed their mind and is using that as an out, hopefully it'll work out OK.

But we can't tell anything with a posting ID.  I mean, I post with my selling ID, but no one knows that I'm actually a dog.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 20
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

You're dealing with the public.  It goes that way.  I have a feeling they changed their mind and is using that as an out, hopefully it'll work out OK.

But we can't tell anything with a posting ID.  I mean, I post with my selling ID, but no one knows that I'm actually a dog.

Ha ha ha. You reminded me of that viral Covid zoom meeting of the lawyer telling the judge "I'm not a cat."

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

@iamalwaysright wrote:

Weird behavior how a seller like this doesn't do their homework before buying.

There is no entrance exam when becoming a buyer on eBay - all it takes is a computer, a credit card, and pulse. 

As my mother always advised me, "always assume that half the people in the world have below average intelligence" 🙂

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Your mother was VERY optimistic. Only half?

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

@heckofagame wrote:

My dad was a math teacher. He would have used the median instead of the average.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

I mean, I post with my selling ID, but no one knows that I'm actually a dog. :super_dog_large:

I knew it!

The squirrel thing tipped me off!  😆🐿

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

@heckofagame wrote:

Took the words right out of my mouth!

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@iamalwaysright wrote:

Weird behavior how a seller like this doesn't do their homework before buying.

There is no entrance exam when becoming a buyer on eBay - all it takes is a computer, a credit card, and pulse. 

As my mother always advised me, "always assume that half the people in the world have below average intelligence" 🙂

I'm not even sure a pulse is needed anymore.

@d-k_treasures wrote:

@luckythewinner wrote:

I'm not even sure a pulse is needed anymore.

I died while browsing eBay and when my head hit the table it landed on my phone and I accidentally purchased your widget. When the paramedics revived me I realized what happened. Can you cancel the order?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 13 of 20
latest reply

OMG - you made my day!

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Won't get a whole lot of help here with responses like that.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply