cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing removed for violation - not authentic....frustrating

I'm sure this has happened to others, but it is frustrating to have my AUTHENTIC UPC VERIFIED listing removed because they said it was reported as not authentic.  But then you look and there are several other sellers selling the exact same thing.  Sigh.  I always pride myself on accuracy and authenticity.  I contacted eBay and they just said to email the company.  Heavy sigh.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Even if you are not going to relist, it is always good to clear your account.  You'll have to contact the VeRO member as instructed.  Include your photos and any receipt you have.

VeRO is often abused, and they count on you doing nothing so they can keep getting away with it.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@km181177 wrote:

I'm sure this has happened to others, but it is frustrating to have my AUTHENTIC UPC VERIFIED listing removed because they said it was reported as not authentic.  But then you look and there are several other sellers selling the exact same thing.  Sigh.  I always pride myself on accuracy and authenticity.  I contacted eBay and they just said to email the company.  Heavy sigh.

So this was a VERO take down, and you must go to the company to do anything about it....

What was the item??

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

A pair of Givenchy earrings purchased at Macy's, on the card, with the UPC code.   Nothing expensive, listed for 20 dollars.....which is way cheaper than what other's are listing the SAME thing for. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

thread2.jpgthread3.jpgdddd.png

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@km181177 wrote:

A pair of Givenchy earrings purchased at Macy's, on the card, with the UPC code.  

I hope you recognize that UPC codes do not verify anything, because anyone with a printer can print any UPC code.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Did you get a VeRO notice or was this just an ebay taken down?

You might want to also look for some help on the Sellers Jewelry board.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Jewelry/ct-p/1117

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

True, but if I am in doubt I plug the UPC code into a verification site to confirm it - which is what the 3rd picture is from that I posted. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

It was a VeRO notice.  I'm not going to worry about it, it just annoys me that mine gets taken down and others are selling the same thing.  Plus the fact that I am honest and now there is a flag in my eBay account for selling something "not authentic". 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Even if you are not going to relist, it is always good to clear your account.  You'll have to contact the VeRO member as instructed.  Include your photos and any receipt you have.

VeRO is often abused, and they count on you doing nothing so they can keep getting away with it.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Simply plugging a UPC code into a verification site only confirms the accuracy of the code itself -- it is not a verification of the ITEM in question.

And copying a UPC code (real or not) is an extremely easy task.  It is, after all, simply black ink, with no security features.  

UPCs were never intended to serve as methods of verification -- that was not their intended purpose.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply