cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got scammed - But more info was just added yesterday?

Been on eBay forever, but mainly as a buyer, I almost never sell. Recently sold an unwanted $20 gift card and the buyer reached out and just asked for the code via eBay messaging, so I did that. Seems easy enough and the buyer and I were both happy.  Come to find out this is a common scam.  Two weeks later I get a unauthorized purchase claim from the buyers bank.   I realize what happened and contacted eBay. The first customer service rep said, I did nothing wrong and have eBay messages to back up my claim and I will easily win.  So I attempt to respond to the claim and it wont let me because I cant provide a tracking number.  So I contact eBay again, an a second customer service rep AGAIN said, I did nothing wrong and have eBay messages to back up my claim and I will easily win.  I said I cant respond to the claim without a tracking number, so then I was escalated up the chain to the next person who then told me I was scammed and I am out of luck and nothing I can do about it.  Got-it.  Fast forward a week, I just got a message that the other users account was compromised and used in multiple scams.  If there is now proof that this account was compromised and was scamming people does this change anything on the claim against me or am I still totally out of luck?  I would reach out to eBay but it took close to two hours to get the info I pointed out above and the claim against me closes tomorrow. Thanks! 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

As usual, you were given incorrect advice from the csr's. Ebay does not offer seller protection on digital items. And since this was a cc chargeback anyway, Ebay does not get involved with that.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

As you have discovered eBay customer support is useless these days. If the buyer has filed a chargeback you are probably just best served accepting the chargeback and taking the loss and lesson. If you dispute the chargeback it is highly likely the CC company will charge you a $20 processing fee if they rule in favor of the buyer which they are likely to do about 99% of the time. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply