cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting so sick and tired of sellers -sale on Friday and can't be bothered to ship til Monday?

I bought from eBay. 3 things.

I bought from Another company.

All 3 from eBay are still sitting without even an ackowledgement that I bought anything.

the other company has already delivered 1 item, 2 are on track to be delivered on Sunday, and 1 is set for Monday.  All 3 from eBay from the looks of it now will get shipped after I already have everything I bought from the site eBay wants to emulate.

Here's a hint. The world is 24/7 and many, many places can get a purchase in the morning and still get it shipped, or at the least, ship on Saturday. The post office isn't closed. If someone lives in podunc and can't ship, that is their problem and you should warn a buyer. But telling me it has 1 day shipping and then finally getting around to shipping on Monday......

On one they even in their description claim same day shipping if paid before 1400 PDT. I bought at 10 and when asked about it, I didn't even get a response. AWESOME.

not okay.

SO go ahead and blast me, then go respond to the endless posts asking why sales are down. Or a post about how you can't see your views, from sellers that sell 20 items a month but have 100,000 listed. eBay is getting to the point of ridiculous and needs to seriously overhaul their site and their policies toward sellers if they want any chance of relevance going forward.

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 1 of 350
latest reply
349 REPLIES 349

Re: I am getting so sick and tired of sellers -sale on Friday and can't be bothered to ship til Mond

@jason_incognito wrote:

so as of Tuesday morning a label has now been printed, but no movement. No postal scans.

If you have a stated handling, fine. But I will point out again that this seller specified that my purchase, within their cutoff, would be shipped Friday. It is now Tuesday and the PO has not even yet verifed they have it.

I have shipped all my packages within the time frame indicated in the listings.

As far as returns, sell a $10 item with $20 shipping and you just can't take returns. As with anything else sold on eBay, it qualifies for a return under not as described or if it breaks, but I just cannot take a remorse return.

thank you for the update 🙂

if this seller has 1-day handling, he already has missed his shipping-out time.  waiting to hear the final result...

Message 301 of 350
latest reply

Re: I am getting so sick and tired of sellers -sale on Friday and can't be bothered to ship til Mond

We live in an era of instant gratification  😞

Message 302 of 350
latest reply

Based on the updates from OP's seller, it does actually appear as if the seller is taking his sweet time, which would be annoying to me as a buyer, especially if the listing stated "will ship same day if paid by such and such time", and now apparently missing their stated handling time, in addition to "same day shipping" for that particular item. 

Having said that, the problem many people have with this complaint is it turned into "I'm sick and tired of sellers (plural)" and "no wonder eBay doesn't succeed, no one ships on time", lumping all sellers together, and somehow jumping to the ludicrous conclusion that this is why the corporation, eBay, "doesn't succeed".  That's just plain ridiculous.  It's a rant that should have been saved for the actual seller, or taking it up with eBay if they felt *that* upset by the situation.  We all are disappointed at some point or another with an online transaction, but it blew up into a 16 page thread with far too many generalizations.  This thread should have been argued on the merits of the ONE PARTCULAR seller's handling/shipping time.  Seller's stated handling time is one day, but on this ONE listing, he said he'd ship same day if payment received by a certain time, so is this something worth complaing or dinging the seller over?  THAT is what should have been discussed, instead it's "SICK OF SELLERS SHIPPING SLOW, EBAY WON'T SUCCEED BECAUSE SELLERS DON'T LIVE UP TO PROMISES."  If you overreact, and lump everyone in the same boat, you're gonna get other sellers coming in to defend themselves, just sayin....

Message 303 of 350
latest reply

"If eBay had buyers there wouldn't be time, you'd be busy filling orders."

Uh, there are a few of us left here...buyers that is...I just spent about 300.00.
Message 304 of 350
latest reply

@leftcoasttrading wrote:

We live in an era of instant gratification  😞

That is true but the world doesn't work on instant gratification.  

Message 305 of 350
latest reply

" I long for the days when businesses were closed most of the weekend, people learned to manage their time and get things done (fill the gas tank, buy groceries, etc.) before places closed. There was more enjoyable time off to pursue family, friends, hobbies, etc. The 24/7 mentality has ruined a lot of things, spoiled people in certain areas and made people lazy not getting things done when they should ... all of this is of course MHO ..."

And if you ordered from a catalog you waited SIX to 8 weeks before you got the item. How spoiled have we all gotten?
Message 306 of 350
latest reply

I'll add to this that's it's really important to keep in mind what Fancy Fox has pointed out: not everyone's post office is the same. And not everyone lives so close to a post office that it makes good business sense to drive there for a single package. We don't know what other people's circumstances are. All we can do is pay attention to estimated delivery and take it from there. That part isn't much different from Amazon because you have to pay attention to whether or not the item you're looking at can be purchased through Prime.

Also I've used prime and received items quickly that were very poorly packaged, an oversized box with a couple of air packs mostly deflated while my item is bouncing around inside like a cricket, an electronic item at that.

Message 307 of 350
latest reply

@moondogblues wrote:
And if you ordered from a catalog you waited SIX to 8 weeks before you got the item. How spoiled have we all gotten?

I don't know if I'd call it "spoiled," really. Even when I was a kid mailing in cereal boxtops to get some kind of plastic toy in return (remember? Smiley Happy), I wondered why the heck it should take 6-8 weeks to get the job done.

I know that part of it was the eager anticipation, watching the mailbox every day, etc., etc., but still, even as a kid I had a pretty good sense of how the mail worked, how it traveled on planes, etc., and nowhere in there could I think of any step in the fulfillment process that should need a week or more to complete.

Banks were the same way: for some mysterious reason, despite having computers since, I dunno, the 1950s or 1960s at the latest, they'd always claim that it would take 2-3 business days to clear a check, if not longer. Oh, come on. I assume the real reason was earning interest on the funds passing through, but in any case, that delay is pretty much gone now, I don't miss it, and I really don't think it was all that genuine in the first place. It's not that we're spoiled now, but that we were a lot less efficient back then.

Message 308 of 350
latest reply

SO go ahead and blast me, then go respond to the endless posts asking why sales are down. Or a post about how you can't see your views, from sellers that sell 20 items a month but have 100,000 listed. eBay is getting to the point of ridiculous and needs to seriously overhaul their site and their policies toward sellers if they want any chance of relevance going forward.

Okay I'll blast you. If I need something that badly, I simply buy it in a store. If that's not an option, then too bad for me. It seems like your concept of 24/7 stems from the fact that Amazon offers relatively fast shipping (and handling). That's the issue I've come to notice with people nowadays: they think they're entitled to everything and then complain about everything else.

I always ship in a timely matter. If the order was made on Friday, I either drop it off that day if there's a blue mailbox or don't. There's no way I'm going to the post office in the middle of Friday or Saturday morning. And I don't think most people sit all day to check the tracking of a package every 30 minutes. But on Amazon, I sold an item and someone literally complained the 2nd day as if I have control over USPS.

Lastly, sales are down because of eBay and eBay's poor method of "making eBay better". There's plenty of people out there who sell unique stuff on eBay that are individuals just like most of us. I also like how this discussion is marked as solved with a solution when there's really no solution for the OP's anger. Sometimes finding solutions isn't about fixing the person's problem. It's about fixing the person.

Message 309 of 350
latest reply

Well my paint purchase turnd out about as good as Jason's did!  Ordered two different colors from two different venders. Two quarts each. Enamal based implement paint. Expensive and flamable.

The first one arrived dropped shipped from Amazon. I don't mind that so much but it was shipped illegally. You are not permitted to send flamable paint through the USPS sysyem with out the proper packaging and labels on it. Amazon did none of that. It made it ok but it was still a illegal shippment!

The second one is a different story. The seller shipped it properly as far as I know using UPS. UPS along the way transfered it to USPS. It ended up crushed and leaking paint all over every one elses mail. I got a call from my friend the postmaster and just came back from the P.O. They are holding the package and invesitagating how this could happen. I took a picture and ask the seller what I should do. It's a big mess and I can't really send it back that way.

Message 310 of 350
latest reply

I don't know exactly what UPS's policy is on this but when it got transfered to USPS it was no longer legal.  The post office is holding the item for invesigation! They are not happy.

Message 311 of 350
latest reply

I have never had a problem with a customer buying an item on Friday and it not being shipped til Monday.  Also, if I purchase an item on Friday I don’t expect it to be mailed til Monday.  I don’t see a problem here.  My problem is with EBay not standing behind their sellers.  I am not a big seller, have only been testing the waters, but I have come to realize that eBay is only good for buyers, but sellers have too many other options out there to deal with all the **bleep**.   I would think EBay would want to keep the sellers happy, but apparently that is not the case.  Too bad☹️ Live and learn 

Message 312 of 350
latest reply

Are you 12? or just act 12? I want my stuff now!!!!! Yes Post office is open, but mail does not leave them. A package dropped on Sat will sit there until it is moved to Distribution center on Monday. fedex does not pickup or move Ground packages on Weekends unless already in Transit. It is exactly the same other then it soothes your 12 year old mentality. I always wondered who the idiots were that sit there watching tracking. Now I know. It's you and your crew of 12-25 year olds(real age or mentality). Pay 30% more on that other site and watch your tracking. I deliver part time for that other company and truth is 3 or 4 morons a day standing in driveway watching my progress with their package as I pull in front they look up. Pathetic. I'll say hello to you next time I deliver to you in your Driveway.

Message 313 of 350
latest reply

We think you should get over yourself.  Best reagrds

Message 314 of 350
latest reply

@@aruyt75 wrote:

EXCERPT...

Having said that, the problem many people have with this complaint is it turned into "I'm sick and tired of sellers (plural)" and "no wonder eBay doesn't succeed, no one ships on time", lumping all sellers together, and somehow jumping to the ludicrous conclusion that this is why the corporation, eBay, "doesn't succeed".  That's just plain ridiculous.  It's a rant that should have been saved for the actual seller, or taking it up with eBay if they felt *that* upset by the situation.  We all are disappointed at some point or another with an online transaction, but it blew up into a 16 page thread with far too many generalizations.  This thread should have been argued on the merits of the ONE PARTCULAR seller's handling/shipping time. 

well, i'm mostly a buyer--have been for years.  and unfortunately, you are wrong.  what is going on is that you are apparently becoming more and more the minority--which is why the buyers have this perception.

instead of being defensive, insulted, and taking it personally...  you can surely point out that there are still many good sellers like yourself, but you need to start thinking about the buyer's perspective and asking what THEY think ebay can do to improve -- given that you are a good seller.

this is a 'community' -- like it or not...you are guilty by association.  putting down this one buyer for something that is clearly a systemic problem, does not solve it.  but, the complainers (OP) also need to help figure out a solution...or yah... they can go buy elsewhere (which is unfortunately what many are doing).

as to this specific issue... as a buyer, i DO read the shipping info, and if the info states a certain delivery time, then i will go by that.  if the stated time is long, no problem...but if the stated time is 'ship same day', then i expect the seller to do what they promise. 

i find it odd that sellers here will try to defend another seller who does not keep their promise and and does not communicate.  how is that a good seller?  why would you defend that?  do you really want that image to become the ebay 'experience'?

now, is the OP over-the-top?  if there was no promise for fast shipping, then yes.  but a promise is a promise.  and, lack of communication is not helpful if the buyer perceives a problem (real or not).

i cannot believe none of you have ever had need of a product in a hurry.  i remember the days when all we had were a telephone and car to get a product...and after calling and "confirming" that an item was in-stock at a store...driving all the way there and discovering that they did not actually have the product.  or, when the store "promised" they would re-stock an item later in the week...and then calling...over a couple of weeks or more--the item never appearing.  these are not the kinds of things that make for good customer service.

REMEMBER - what other sellers do reflects on everyone--even you and i.  if we honestly want ebay to succeed, we need to address the issues in a manner that is solution-based -- not accusatory.  and, that goes for the OP and everyone who replied in-kind.

Message 315 of 350
latest reply