cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting so sick and tired of sellers -sale on Friday and can't be bothered to ship til Monday?

I bought from eBay. 3 things.

I bought from Another company.

All 3 from eBay are still sitting without even an ackowledgement that I bought anything.

the other company has already delivered 1 item, 2 are on track to be delivered on Sunday, and 1 is set for Monday.  All 3 from eBay from the looks of it now will get shipped after I already have everything I bought from the site eBay wants to emulate.

Here's a hint. The world is 24/7 and many, many places can get a purchase in the morning and still get it shipped, or at the least, ship on Saturday. The post office isn't closed. If someone lives in podunc and can't ship, that is their problem and you should warn a buyer. But telling me it has 1 day shipping and then finally getting around to shipping on Monday......

On one they even in their description claim same day shipping if paid before 1400 PDT. I bought at 10 and when asked about it, I didn't even get a response. AWESOME.

not okay.

SO go ahead and blast me, then go respond to the endless posts asking why sales are down. Or a post about how you can't see your views, from sellers that sell 20 items a month but have 100,000 listed. eBay is getting to the point of ridiculous and needs to seriously overhaul their site and their policies toward sellers if they want any chance of relevance going forward.

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 1 of 350
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: I am getting so sick and tired of sellers -sale on Friday and can't be bothered to ship til Mond

The buyer will not see what lengths we go through to get things packed and shipped in a few days time. This is while handling full time jobs, children, doctor visits, etc.

We all have other things going on in our lives. But that is for us to deal with, not our buyers.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 182 of 350
latest reply
349 REPLIES 349

Re: I am getting so sick and tired of sellers -sale on Friday and can't be bothered to ship til Mond

Saturday is my only day off.  The Post Office closes at noon.  I'm not getting up early.

Message 2 of 350
latest reply

Oh brother......

Weekends don't count as shipping days. 

Message 3 of 350
latest reply

I will help you out...shipping / estimated delivery times are posted in the listings and viewable prior to purchasing. No one but you can control weather or not you read the listings and if you purchase something that is not same day shipping. Not reading listings is not a seller issue.
Ebay sellers also do not have access to fulfilment centers that handle shipping 24/7 for them etc.
Also to help you out...business days are Monday to Friday.
Reading the terms of your listings is a buyer requirement and something you agreed to do by using the site....any site for that matter.

So if you want same day shipping etc then it is best you purchase from sellers that offer it or message the seller in advance and ask about their shipping and handling practices.

It is also best not to compare one site to another. Sites are not all the same and that is clearly explained in their company information pages. Some sites also sell their own merchandise while others are individual sellers.

Message 4 of 350
latest reply

Yea. I have one day shipping. If some one buys from me on Friday morning I get it out that day. Friday afternoon, probably Saturday but I don't wait til Monday.  That said with loosing TRS because I refuse to offer free returns I will be changing from one day shipping to two. I'll still ship the same day but the pressure will be off if a emergency pops up.

Message 5 of 350
latest reply

Some sellers do not have same day or 1 day handling (not that you'd know that as eBay has seen fit to remove the seller's stated handling times from their listings).

Why are you having an issue with a paid Friday sale being shipped on Monday?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 6 of 350
latest reply

I find your post basically sad.  Sad that one man ebay sellers must be compared to large companies with numerous employees.  Sad that a sale on Friday with 1 day handling is viewed so negatively, even when Monday is the ship by date per the rules.  Sad that ebay chose to not show handling times any longer.  Sad that some people buying online are so impatient and don't pay any attention to delivery dates. Sad that something like this is such a big complaint for some.

Message 7 of 350
latest reply

Just one more example of the "sellers make the worst buyers" mantra.

Message 8 of 350
latest reply

Well, I don't understand why a seller would put 1 day shipping down and not follow through as that's going to give them a shot by not meeting their shippng requirements. The fact that all three didn't even provide you with any communication at all, I see as rather poor customer service. But, if it's a seller with thousands of items, I understand that.

That being said. I have a three day handling time because I'm busy and don't want to set up expectations with my customers that I may not be able to make.  Even with a 24/7 world, our lives do not always fit into that world. 

When I buy something, I expect it to be shipped by the handling time they provide. If it's sooner, it's a bonus. I sometimes am able to ship the next day. My customers appreciate it, but they know I can't always do that.

The person at the top of the mountain didn't just fall there, just hope he actually climbed up.
Message 9 of 350
latest reply

Large companies wouldn’t ship until Tuesday so I don’t know why you’re making that comparison.

i have been mostly a buyer in eBay for many years but I’m not buying insulin here. I don’t think my pointless widget is more important than sellers spending time with their families. If I need something ASAP I will buy locally or on amazon. I want happy relaxed sellers who keep bringing back great stuff.

i think you’re being totally unreasonable.

Message 10 of 350
latest reply

Maybe your seller did ship on Friday but hasn’t uploaded the tracking number. Not everyone uses eBay labels.

Maybe where you are the world is 24/7, my PO isn’t even open on Saturday let alone on Sunday.

If the item doesn’t arrive when it’s supposed to, file a case. Else, if you need the service level of the big online corporation with warehouses in every state along with a full fleet of delivery vehicles and contracts with the post office, maybe that’s what you should do.  (I have a prime account and I can tell you, their delivery isn’t so hot either, a full third of what I buy arrives late. The last item I bought got delayed 4 times).

Personally, if I need something that badly, I either plan ahead or drive into town to pick it up. 

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 11 of 350
latest reply

But - 1 day shipping for a Friday sale IS Monday, but that's what the OP is complaining about.

Message 12 of 350
latest reply

Oh, I thought that eBay considers Saturday still a shipping day. Pardon me. wink

The person at the top of the mountain didn't just fall there, just hope he actually climbed up.
Message 13 of 350
latest reply

Yes That is what OP is ranting about.

Message 14 of 350
latest reply

I went to the city for dinner Friday afternoon.

Saturday is not a business day.

I will check the computer Monday morning for sales/messages, and ship within my handling time.

I will include a bug extraction tool with my shipments when needed.

Message 15 of 350
latest reply