cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am Disguted!

I sold a tank to a buyer that had some marks under the pits that wasn't noticed until I was listing. I did mention it in the listing. (Please no, 'don't sell damaged clothing' comments. I mention in my description and sell clothes imperfections all the time with no issues). Sold for $7 total. 

Here is a picture of of my listing with some light marks under the pits. 

I get a message from the buyer today saying the 

Message 1 of 152
latest reply
151 REPLIES 151

I am Disguted!

I know you said NOT to say it but....

I threw out about a dozen tanks that had almost invisible discoloration due to deodorant.

Nike, Reebok and a few designer tanks..

Pit stains is NOT something a woman will deal with... Sorry. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 2 of 152
latest reply

I am Disguted!

I'm sorry I accidentally hit post. I don't think there's and edit button and I'm not sure why..

STORY CONTINUED...

She tells me the tank is worn out badly. The next pictures I load will be mine from when I sold it. 

The nect photos following it are the oics she uploaded. And the pits look WAYYY worse. But if you look really closely, you can see the shirt is WET and the buyer sweated all over it during a workout...

soclearly the buyer wore it, made the or stains worse...and is now complaining the shirt is worn. Some people amaze me..

Message 3 of 152
latest reply

I am Disguted!

Then tell me why the buyer knowingly bought the item with it mentioned...and you can NOT speak on behalf of the millions of woman's in this country...

Message 4 of 152
latest reply

I am Disguted!

This lady destroyed the top. And if you look closely you can see her sweat marks. It's still wet! lol

Message 5 of 152
latest reply

I am Disguted!

I've sold high end clothes with stains before pre owned for over $110. There is a market for stained clothes when one out of 40 or so have a mark. If you can't see that market, then keep going ahead and throwing your clothes out. 

Message 6 of 152
latest reply

I am Disguted!

Abe,  I am just playing devil's advocate -- but you could have easily manipulated your photos in attempt to conceal and play down any pit staining.  At least that's what eBay might say.  Who says if hers or yours is the most accurate picture? Lighting and positioning can change the appearance of such things.

I think the way to avoid all the problems you have with so, so many transactions is to stop listing items with staining and and imperfections about them.

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 7 of 152
latest reply

I am Disguted!

Higher end brand with marks will be listed and mentioned. I have an issue maybe 1/10 times, and that 1 I usually handle pretty quickly. 

Obviosuly is didnt tamper with the photo, which I find quite hilarious...The main point of the post is that I can SEE actual sweat marks on the tank. As if she wore it for a jog then took photos right away. 

It's wet!

Message 8 of 152
latest reply

I am Disguted!

I'm a woman and wouldn't deal with pit stains and I'm pretty sure the previous poster did speak for all women in regards to that.

I know you said you mentioned in your listing that the garment had pit stains but I have to wonder, why, when you noticed them, you didn't just wash the item, or throw it away.

I saw that...

~KARMA
Message 9 of 152
latest reply

I am Disguted!

@honestabe411 wrote:

I'm sorry I accidentally hit post. I don't think there's and edit button and I'm not sure why..

You have 5 minutes after posting to edit your post. The link is under the 3 dots in the upper irght corner if you click on those to find it - but that link for editing will go away after 5 minutes so you kind of need to be quick.

Im looking at your photos and the buyers photos and wondering if its even the same top. The color of the mesh panels at the front an on the sides and lining on the inside seem to be differenet. Especially the lining which looks darker in yours and lighter in hers.

Message 10 of 152
latest reply

I am Disguted!

Great reply, thank you. Didn't notice that. Might be lighting.
Message 11 of 152
latest reply

I am Disguted!

@honestabe411 wrote:
Then tell me why the buyer knowingly bought the item with it mentioned...and you can NOT speak on behalf of the millions of woman's in this country...

soory but pikabo is correct.. no matter what YOU think..somethings don't cut it... and honestly I sell cloths ith small issues...but PIT STAINS and NASTY COLLARS STAINS..don't get sold...even if mentioned...yuk.

BUT BUT more to a bigger point...why? for a $7 item would you fess..refund them , be done with them... you know every person has their standard and some are picky and some, well..it ok...

BUT you said $7..why bother...refund, cancel, block..done.

you should know how buyer are...refund, cancle, block, dome....

Message 12 of 152
latest reply

I am Disguted!

@honestabe411 wrote:

I sold a tank to a buyer that had some marks under the pits that wasn't noticed until I was listing. I did mention it in the listing. (Please no, 'don't sell damaged clothing' comments. I mention in my description and sell clothes imperfections all the time with no issues). Sold for $7 total. 

Here is a picture of of my listing with some light marks under the pits. 

I get a message from the buyer today saying the 

Not what you want to hear, but iMO that is not fit for resale.

Message 13 of 152
latest reply

I am Disguted!

To prove mt point even further, take a look at these 3 photos. 

The comlimbia one sold for $10 with snags. The Tommy BAHAMA I sold for $3 but could of easily gotten more (flash sale) and the LUCY top in blue had yellow marks on it and sold for $7. All mentioned and buyer knew. 

You want me to throw $20 worth of clothing because your 'OPINION' is that no woman would wear them? Well guess what, you're wrong..those 3 are just form the 21st! Ha!

95% of the clothing I sell is mint, the 5% I either toss if it's bad, or mark severely low and mention it in the description. 

For those who toss something with the slightest sign of wear, let's just stop and have a moment of silence for them for all the money they've thrown down the toilet....

OK, that's better now! Pew! In the mean time, just send it to me and I'll list it 

Message 14 of 152
latest reply

I am Disguted!

@honestabe411 wrote:
Then tell me why the buyer knowingly bought the item with it mentioned...and you can NOT speak on behalf of the millions of woman's in this country.

You asked a question on a pubic message board and just because you do not like the advice Pika gave she is free to give it.

And I 100% agree with him/her.  It is why the clothing categories are so bloated.  And yes for most women they may not be able to afford top of the line, but they want it clean and presentable.

Message 15 of 152
latest reply