cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Just noticed that eBay has started charging 1.00 gallery fee on Pottery & Glass

Is this a glitch?  or something that was announced?  This could get very expensive.  

--
Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

I Just noticed that eBay has started charging 1.00 gallery fee on Pottery & Glass

Thank you so much for the bulk edit info.  I always knew I was paying for some I didn't need or want.   

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

Those $1.00 fees are adding up fast.  I hope eBay has plans to remove them...... If I get charged an extra dollar for every listing I had gallery plus on, in combination with lack of sales, I'll be broke pretty fast....   

also, I envision a class action suit for sellers that get hundreds or thousands of those $1 subtractions from their payments.. 

--
Message 17 of 27
latest reply

Expensive to say the least I got charge just under $3,000, this is just plain not right by Ebay to let this even happen in the first place.

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

AMEN!

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

A new low.

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

This has got me yelling like Forrest Gump!

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

eBay information still says there is NO Gallery Plus fee for Pottery & Glass.  I suggest you contact Customer Support to get them to refund your $1.00 per item Gallery Plus fee.  I sell postcards, a subcategory of Collectibles which also has NO Gallery Plus fee.  So when eBay charged some of my listings with this fee, I reached out to Customer Support and they cancelled these fees.  eBay has made no announcement of this new "glitch" but, when talking with Customer Support, they admit it is a programming error.

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

A big thanks for this forum and my fellow sellers who reached out to me.  I also sell postcards and I was able to bulk edit last night and remove the gallery plus fee prior to 871 cards rolling over and assessing me the extra $1 fee per item.  While customer service acknowledged the "glitch" they were vague about when the fees would be reversed...with over 23,000 cards in my store, I was a little worried and spent the time to bulk edit all of them.  When this has been resolved I will add the "no fee" feature back.  Good luck to all 🙂 

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

@printpeople wrote:

Is this a glitch?  or something that was announced?  This could get very expensive.  

Hi @printpeopleThis was determined to be a technical issue impacting a small number of listings, and has now been fixed. We will be crediting impacted Sellers as quickly as possible - no calls to Customer Service are needed, as this will be done automatically.

Velvet,
eBay
Message 24 of 27
latest reply

I already contacted customer service, and the first thing they said was that they don't give refunds for listing upgrades... 

By the end of that conversation, I had refunds.  

--
Message 25 of 27
latest reply

I don't have an answer for you but also just noticed this tonight as well! I have good till canceled listings in pottery and glass that didn't previously charge the gallery plus fee and has now charged for I don't know how many. I was trying to find if I missed something as well. I can't find any announcement or notification anywhere. I ended my listings early so they would not automatically renew and charge me for the gallery plus again. $1 on a gazillion listings with no warning is ridiculous, unless it is a glitch or if I missed the notice they were going to do this. Seems a bit shady to me and a way for ebay to take some extra bucks.

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

No refunds given to me either Velvet and I'm still getting charged $1 on all relisted listings...another $150 today. It HAS NOT been resolved Velvet!

Message 27 of 27
latest reply