cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Just noticed that eBay has started charging 1.00 gallery fee on Pottery & Glass

Is this a glitch?  or something that was announced?  This could get very expensive.  

--
Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

I Just noticed that eBay has started charging 1.00 gallery fee on Pottery & Glass

I meant "Gallery Plus" , which has been free in the Pottery & Glass categories before.  

"Gallery Plus

Free for listings in the Collectibles, Art, Pottery & Glass, and Antiques categories"

--
Message 2 of 27
latest reply

@printpeople 

It seems changes came into effect today.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Updates-are-happening-to-some-item-specifics-and-category/m-p/...

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 3 of 27
latest reply

and I can't find a way to bulk remove Gallery Plus... Most of my listings are in categories with "free" gallery plus....   getting a bit annoyed with eBay.  

--
Message 4 of 27
latest reply

I just removed gallery plus from 199 of my listings in bulk.  Select the ones you want to change, hit edit, then in the bulk editor hit "edit fields" look for the "listing upgrade", the gallery plus you want to remove from all.

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

Thank you dryophelia.   Wondering how many $ will ebay make before people can remove gallery plus on millions and millions of items?  

Somehow, a lot of what eBay does seems very, very wrong.  

--
Message 6 of 27
latest reply

Thanks for this info!!! Really appreciate it..

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

Thanks!  

--
Message 8 of 27
latest reply

Everyone NEEDS to do this BEFORE ending listings manually or BEFORE they Roll Over. I was charged RETROACTIVELY for a listing I ENDED that was moved into a NEW CATEGORY! This IS WRONG on so many levels!

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

@printpeople 

Should be a good first month anyway... dwindling down each month as sellers figure it out. 

Nice money grab when they could have easily disabled the add on across the board, eliminating surprise fees and allowing sellers who want the extra to add it back.

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 10 of 27
latest reply

When you add this to all the people who's sales have fallen off a cliff, it's just nasty.....and yes, another big money grab, where eBay could have protected their sellers instead of fleecing them. 

--
Message 11 of 27
latest reply

@kenilworthkollector 

I also removed them in bulk, then went to work for a couple of hours.  Checked the items, and they are all still listed with gallery plus... so, the removal "didn't take"... 

--
Message 12 of 27
latest reply

@printpeople- Can you let us know the old category & subcategory of an affected listing- and also the new category & subcategory for an affected listing?

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

@coffeebean832 

I just did it over again, I removed gallery plus from ALL ITEMS this time.... and the first one I checked was missing the gallery plus, so, I'm hoping they are all missing it now.. and it doesn't mysteriously come back?? 

--
Message 14 of 27
latest reply

First batch of 199 I just spot checked before doing the other 1000+, they took on the few I checked.  I will go back and check a few more times.

Message 15 of 27
latest reply