cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I HATE THE NEW WATCH LIST!!!!

PLEASE!!!  Why can't eBay leave well enough alone!!!??!!   

I just went to my Watch List to buy an item I put there a few hours ago and could not believe my eyes.  

Not going to buy whatever it was since I can't find it!!

Does anyone know how to get the old Watch List back?

I always have to click the tab to view the Old Purchase History list ... and now this.  

Message 1 of 77
latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

Re: I HATE THE NEW WATCH LIST!!!!

You think that's bad, wait until you get to see the new myebay selling page - looks almost the same.

I get tossed into it every other time I go to it and I tell them exactly what I think about it every time I get it (ending up with I can list less on ebay the more ebay frustrates me) and I get the old one back the next time I go to it.

(*Bleep*)
Message 31 of 77
latest reply

Oh, I have seen that too, I keep changing my page back to classic and they insist on changing it back to the new page. I told them what I think, doubt anyone reads that anyway. I think it is there for us to vent and eBay hopes it will stop a lot of sellers from calling their CS reps. They don't care, really, what we think, they do what they want. It's their site.
Message 32 of 77
latest reply

Terrible,  actually sx, can't link to an item by clicking on the photo, go to page 2 of the list and you land at the bottom of the page, no delete item button at the bottom of the page.  It seems like most websites these days are designed by people who never really use them, but think their ideas are cool.  not user friendly

Message 33 of 77
latest reply

It looks really horrible, but nobody cares at eBay. My purchase history now looks like this too, it's a disaster and has been badly programmed, since they obviously didn't do any usability tests.

Message 34 of 77
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

More changes for change sake.

Going from bad to worse.

Not for changes' sake. It's for the programmers to be able to keep their jobs and keep billing and for eBay to have the delusion that they can keep ignoring their users and emerge victoriou and richer. I vaguely recall the days when eBay was actually fun...

Message 35 of 77
latest reply

I told eBay EXACTLY what I thought of their new Watch List layout via their “Tell Us What You Think” link ...

”I have deleted EVERY item in my Watch List because the layout is so horrible that I will NEVER visit that page again while it looks like it does. If that means never adding another item to the Watch List ... then so be it.”

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 36 of 77
latest reply

The new page for list affects all lists. I use the Wish list for purchasing. I can get to it by a drop down box by the Watchlist title. I hate it also. The thing that really bugs me is that before I know I had it set to private and now I do not see that option.

Message 37 of 77
latest reply

I think what shocks me is we still have the choice to go back to the classic view for our purchase list and selling overview but this gets dumped on us with no choice to opt out.

I'm already disgusted with how ebay has so badly dealt with the issue of GST on overseas purchases that this is probably the end for me. That and five buyers not paying in the last ten sales.......

Message 38 of 77
latest reply

I still like the old Watch List but ... I've gotten used to this one now.
Message 39 of 77
latest reply

Yes they need to add the item number back and a quick link to delete items no longer wanted. I'll never understand why they can't just leave well enough alone. They must just have a lot of overpaid coders without enough to do.
Message 40 of 77
latest reply

well they keep changing things so fast no one can keep up - maybe that's the plan? their trying any avenue - problem is they forgot to cook the spaghetti before they throw it on the wall

Message 41 of 77
latest reply

I agree!  I could care about the color blue, but I HATE that I can no longer see all of my saved items together, which the old way allowed in "All Lists".  You can find all of your saved items though, if you click on the drop down arrow on the right of the WATCH list.  It will show you everything you saved with the title of each list.  Unfortunately, the names on my lists are irrellavant because I just started new lists when I exceeded the maximum amount of items allowed in the previoius list (200).  I used the "All Lists" to see what was about to end, & it compiled everything together & allowed me to view everything showing me when the auctions were ending in the right order for everything combined.  I probably explained that horribly!  Anyway, you can find all your items by that scroll down button on the right of the word WATCHLIST.  It will show each of your lists with your saved items.  But does anybody know how to find ALL LISTS?  Hope this helps you!  Its absolutely HORRIBLE!!!!!!

Message 42 of 77
latest reply

I whole heartedly agree. Absolutely horrible. Need an option to use the old version....actually need to totally get rid of this new version.

Message 43 of 77
latest reply

I deleted my entire watch list on both my ID's as well, it is useless to me now.
Message 44 of 77
latest reply

Click on 'Summary' in upper left & the old-style watch list should appear.
Scroll down & the old-style 'Purchase History' should be there too.
Message 45 of 77
latest reply