cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Don't See My HANDLING TIME on My Listings

Hello, everyone.  There has been considerable discussion about 1-day handling times recently.  For this reason, when I prepared my listings, I made sure they all correctly showed my 2-day handling time on the Sell form.

I don't see ANY handling time now that they have launched.  Are you folks seeing them on your listings?  And if not, how do we KNOW what handling time is being used?  (Am I being paranoid?)

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: I Don't See My HANDLING TIME on My Listings

It's not shown but your handling time is added to the USPS expected delivery date.   From your zip code to mine USPS calculates a package shipped today would arrive Oct 10.  eBay states Oct 11, which is 1 day handling added to Oct 10.  

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

eBay's official policy is to show a handling time only for longer handling times (either 4 or 5 days or more).  For shorter handling times, eBay wants buyers to rely on the estimated delivery date.

If you want to know what handling time is being used, go to the listing and click on revise; or on  "Sell similar" to bring up a duplicate of the listing form.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Yes, the ETA they decide based on your "usual" shipping time.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Thanks so much, everyone.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@fab_finds4u wrote:

It's not shown but your handling time is added to the USPS expected delivery date.   From your zip code to mine USPS calculates a package shipped today would arrive Oct 10.  eBay states Oct 11, which is 1 day handling added to Oct 10.  

Just wanted to correct that to 'your AVERAGE handling time'.

So if you have a 3 day handling time, but usually ship in 1 day, that 3 day handing time isn't used. They would use 1 or 2 days.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I always liked that stated on my listings too, but Ebay removed it without notice a very long time ago.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Thank you for the clarification, mam.  I thought that was the case, but then panicked when I recently saw a listing that showed the seller's handling time (and my listings don't).  In retrospect, I'll bet that other seller's listing was old.  Some sellers have to relist an item for a long time before it sells.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@happydaysantiques wrote:

Thank you for the clarification, mam.  I thought that was the case, but then panicked when I recently saw a listing that showed the seller's handling time (and my listings don't).  In retrospect, I'll bet that other seller's listing was old.  Some sellers have to relist an item for a long time before it sells.

Doubtful.  Ebay made this change years ago.  If you saw a handling time on a listing, then the seller had an extended handling time.  Those they do state.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

It no longer shows to the public.

If you want to see it, click on "revise" your listing.

Scroll down.  It will be about 3/4 way down.

Holding Back The Years - Simply Red
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@happydaysantiques wrote:

Doubtful.  Ebay made this change years ago.  If you saw a handling time on a listing, then the seller had an extended handling time.  Those they do state.

Yes I suspect ebay did this deliberately without notice to prepare themselves to implement this dumb functionality here in message 71 by Trinton https://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/Community-Chat-Jan-16-from-1-00-pm-PT-Gene...

They don't want to show the seller's handling time setting on the listing so they can play around with it themselves and basically "veto" your handling time if they want to.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply