cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hurricane preparedness and shutting down eBay

Last night they issued the mandatory evacuation order to start at noon today, but this thing is moving so slowly I'm not running out the door.  We'll see what tomorrow brings. 

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/service-alerts/weather-updates-residential.htm

For sellers in its potential path (FL, GA & SC listed so far) check to see if your post offices are closed.  I just discovered mine are so immediately put the store on vacation.  Last time they didn't shut down so quickly (even with the evacuation ordered), but I had a feeling this time would be different.

- Suzanne -
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Be safe. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@scga912 wrote:

Last night they issued the mandatory evacuation order to start at noon today, but this thing is moving so slowly I'm not running out the door.  We'll see what tomorrow brings. 

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/service-alerts/weather-updates-residential.htm

For sellers in its potential path (FL, GA & SC listed so far) check to see if your post offices are closed.  I just discovered mine are so immediately put the store on vacation.  Last time they didn't shut down so quickly (even with the evacuation ordered), but I had a feeling this time would be different.

When you put your store on vaca, remember to HIDE your listings, that is an option when you set up your vaca hold.  If you don't do that, some may still purchase your stuff and you gained nothing by having your store on vaca and you risk late shipments unless you extend your handling time on all your listings.  But then you don't know how long you will be unavailable to ship or if any of the inventory may get damaged by the storm.

BE SAFE!!  You and those you love are the most important.  Please don't wait until the last minute to get out of the way.  You may find it harder than you think to get away from the storm.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

We will be thinking of you...please keep in touch when you can.  

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Stay safe.  

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks y'all.  So far so good.  The threat keeps lessening a bit as the hours go by but we're still in the impact area even if it's the outer edges of the storm.  I'm a few miles from the ocean and 2-3 blocks from the marsh.  Curfew starts tonight.  Contraflow on I-16 East started this morning so if you want to visit, you can't come in that way.

But again, anyone in the potential path, check the USPS link above to see if your post office is affected - and stay safe

- Suzanne -
Message 6 of 6
latest reply