cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How will eBay police the knock offs from China?

President Donald Trump signed an executive order on Friday aimed at preventing counterfeit products from abroad from being sold to U.S. citizens who shop online using Amazon.com <AMZN.O>, Walmart.com <WMT.N> or other ecommerce websites, the White House said.

The story goes on to say if the sites don't handle it the government (DHS) will. ""If they don't, DHS will take steps to ensure they do," he told reporters, referring to the Department of Homeland Security."

Oh we are mow "other ecommerce websites"

Please share your thoughts on all this.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

In the great scheme of things happening in this country today, monitoring the sale of counterfeit products sold online is the most productive use of DHS resources I can think of.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I think that first the manufactures of the original product would have to determine their items are being knocked off and sold here for any action to be taken. The executive order does not mean a non branded cheep products can not be sold. Most likely little will be done. The better thing to do is sign a order that all products 1st be tested and verified they met basic CE  requirements and that the products be sold through a valid manufacture with a way to get minimum warranties and  valid return process for defective items. While eBay is a site for individuals to sell to other individuals. The sellers in china are really manufactures and distributors listing their items for sale. Also as every thing is government run then by default the Chinese military and government is behind the businesses. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

It would be nice if eBay would do something about all the counterfeit cartridge games on eBay. Got burned once on a game I really wanted. I will never buy a cartridge game here again.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-shipments/trump-signs-executive-order-aimed-at-preventi...

Sounds like DHS will first have to decide on rules and so forth. I'm really not too sure what's exactly new here, since we already have laws regarding counterfeit products, etc.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

"How will eBay police the knock offs from China?"

That's a good one!  First good laugh I've had all day.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

For trends insight into this problem, follow The Fashion Law site. You can google it. Its a publication that reports on legal issues involving the fashion industry and “knock offs” and counterfeits are a HUGE issue with a LOT of action going on. The problem is growing and manufacturers are quite serious about fighting it, but its tough. Watching this from The Fashion Law side is ... well, scary and interesting all at the same time!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply