cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off counteroffers for all my BIN listing?

All of a sudden ebay decided to turn this feature on my listings. So when I send an offer I must also de-select counteroffers.  ebay says they never change your listings, that's a lie.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: How to turn off counteroffers for all my BIN listing?

I've always had to disable "allow counteroffers" when sending offers.  I really don't think this is anything new.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I have never in all the years had ebay "change" any of my listings after I clicked submit / list or whatever. I have however seen many posts / threads in this community stating that this happens, also many sellers who claim "glitches" that nobody seems to be able to duplicate... Whenever this happens, I advise it is best to review one's methods and to remember it could be user error because if it's only happening to some but not others there's a good chance it is either a setting or something particular and peculiar those sellers and only those sellers are doing. Find what that is, make the appropriate change(s) and your problem is fixed, or keep assuming it is ebay's fault and continue to experience the malady, choice is yours.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

If memory serves, eBay has accept counter offers selected by default when you send seller-initiated offers, however if you uncheck the box and send an offer the setting is "sticky" so it should not be checked go forward @toon-city .

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@toon-city wrote:

All of a sudden ebay decided to turn this feature on my listings. So when I send an offer I must also de-select counteroffers.  ebay says they never change your listings, that's a lie.

They did this to me too (change my listing) and I'm not into haggling with buyers, I've sent my best offer.

I think when you deselect the counteroffer thing, it should stay deselected when you keep sending offers. At least that's what happened when I deselected it.

Yes, they do change your settings without telling you.

C.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

If it "stayed deselected when you keep sending offers," then people who allow counteroffers would complain about that.  It has to work one way or another, and you can't please everyone.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@toon-city wrote:

Sending a Seller Initiated Offer is not "part of a listing".

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I can only speak from my own experience.  When I send an offer to a buyer I get the screen below.

Send offers

Offer amount
$

+ $4.95 shipping
Offer message

This message is included with the offer.

__  Allow counteroffers
We recommend allowing counteroffers to increase your chance of selling. You can always decline the counteroffer if it's too low.
__Automatically send offers
Share them with new interested buyers.Learn moreopens in a new window or tab
__Send your coupon for future purchases
Encourage interested buyers to shop your store. Send them a coupon when your offer is accepted or it expires. The coupon can only be used for items not included in your active offers.

Once I unselected the Counter Offer option, it stays off on all other offers I may send.  Even months later.  It defaults to what you see above.

The screen above is what I get when I go to send an offer to those that are Watching my items.  Just in case it appears differently elsewhere in the system.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 8 of 8
latest reply