cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sell more?

I was just wondering how do I get to the point where my items are selling everyday.

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: How to sell more?

@luckythewinner wrote:

@nowthatsjustducky wrote:

Looking back at my first post in this thread, I am totally shocked that I did not also go the smartarse angle as well and suggest moving to China and selling from there.  😄

I was not being a smartass. The best way to sell a lot of items on eBay is to list a lot of items that people want to buy. 

But unfortunately, finding those items means locating high-demand items at a cost that allows you to offer the best price - and that is very hard to do.  

If it were easy, everyone here would be rich. 

Justducky... don't think Lucky was being a "sa"...

Luchy is right.

it is about listing something somebody would want everyday.

saying it just like might have sound abrasive but it is the truth.

i could make you a list of stuff that still sells on ebay for good $.

stuff i have sold for hundreds, thousands.

but these things sell because they are hard to find.

and 90% of the stuff i have sold since 2000 no longer sells.

as Lucky says if it were that easy i would be rich too.

very often i tell myself when going shopping;

perhaps today i will find;

a Grueby tile, a Teco vase, a Blue Ridge cigarette box with a duck handle, a Breyer Royal Copenhagen blue horse, a Polia Pillin plate...

but i don't find them every day.

i don't find them even in a 1 year time...

other ways to make it would be to list things that people use everyday;

cosmetics, electronics...

just not my thing and probably too many headaches with these categories.

letoulousain
Message 16 of 32
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

Looking back at my first post in this thread, I am totally shocked that I did not also go the smartarse angle as well and suggest moving to China and selling from there.  😄

I was not being a smartass.

I wasn't implying that.  This was just a case of your post being where I hit reply instead of further back up.

@luckythewinner wrote:

I was not being a smartass.

I wasn't implying that.  This was just a case of your post being where I hit reply instead of further back up.

guess should i have read this post right under.

letoulousain
Message 17 of 32
latest reply

@stacimorri-0  Staci -- I echo the sentiments of others on this thread: your titles really need work.  You are not using enough words/descriptives to be found when people are searching.

I noticed all of your listings need work but since I am a clothes seller I only feel confident giving you suggestions on clothing items so let's start on the Carter's dress/romper.

• How you have it listed: Carter's Baby Romper Dress 24 Months
  • How I would list it: NWT Carters Girls 24 Mos 2T ROMPER DRESS Yellow Polka Dot Diaper-Cover NEW

Why would I list it as such?

• It's NWT/NEW a big selliing point and some buyers only want NWT items so you should say so right in the title
  • More people search 2T than 24 Mos though the size is essentially interchangeable.  Please note I write in the description "tag says 24 months but should also fit a 2T".
  • Polka dots are popular for little girl's clothes and many people are searching using those words.
  • Diaper cover so they know it has a built-in diaper cover

Also, I peeked at your description.  I would ditch the word "designer". Carters is not considered a high end designer.  You may also look at my listings for some ideas on how to describe your clothing items.

This is in no means meant to offend you, simply trying to help as you had asked how to improve your sales.  Any questions feel free to let me know.

You can do a search on other listings similar to yours in other categories to see how other sellers have titled them and described them.  Good Luck! Smiley Happy

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 18 of 32
latest reply

klassic*kids wrote:..........You can do a search on other listings similar to yours in other categories to see how other sellers have titled them and described them..........

And I would also suggest when you search your competition, search in both the currently listed and the solds.  Try to get a little handle on WHY some sold while other were passed by.  What little differences between two listings might have drawn the buyer to pick the one over the other?  It doesn't take too long before you can zero in on likely reasons some sellers' items are still being relisted, month after month after month, when the items are fairly decent sellers and quite a few are being purchased every month.  (Lots of free education just by studying the results others get with their listings/offerings...for their selling success or failure.)

Message 19 of 32
latest reply

Instead of working on my own stuff, I'll work on yours.  innocent

The Betsey Johnson charm bracelet:  Retake the photos on a plain background; no one can tell what the bracelet looks like.  How long is it?  What are the charms?  What is the bracelet made of - beading?   Describe all of that and get as many of those words as you can in the title.

The Santa Decoration:  Is it a certain brand?  What are the dimensions?  What is it made of?  Christmas decorations is a category that is almost as saturated as clothing (don't ask me how I know this).

Handmade Headband:   That title tells me nothing and when I looked at the photo I thought it was for a doll.  Maybe don't use that head model for your first or gallery photo.  Did you make it?  What is the inner circumference and how much does it stretch?  What is the yarn/fabric?

I think you get the drift and others will be along with more hints.  Please don't think anyone is being mean or snarky.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 20 of 32
latest reply

Thank you, so much. I do not take offense to your comments. I just really needed help on selling my items. I just began selling on ebay.

Message 21 of 32
latest reply

@stacimorri-0 wrote:

Thank you, so much. I do not take offense to your comments. I just really needed help on selling my items. I just began selling on ebay.

@stacimorri-0  It can be a bit much when first starting out.  I am glad you were not offended by my comments.  If you rework the titles I think you will find a difference. Any other questions or concerns feel free to give a shout out to us!

Message 22 of 32
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@stacimorri-0 wrote:

I was just wondering how do I get to the point where my items are selling everyday.

Offer items that people want everyday. 

Almost every day I see someone has purchased a Betsey Johnson this or that .... the OP has lovely photos with the exception of the Betsey Johnson piece.  It's not easy to see it with that very colorful and busy background.  

Message 23 of 32
latest reply

@stacimorri-0

Staci, I took it upon myself to check out your listings to see how they look. I do see you made changes on a couple of them but most still aren't titled well.  For example those pink glittery Tom's shoes you have -- You don't even put the size in the title! .. how do you expect someone to find your shoes when they are searching by their shoe size?  

Also, you have absolutely no descriptives in the title, such as the style - flats.  You really, really need to rework ALL your titles.  Think it through -- think what words people will be searching for and how they would find your listings.

You can see how other people have the same exact shoes listed by searching them.   I saw one such listing with the title "Toms Womens US 7.5 Sparkly Glitter Pink Slip-On Casual Shoes Flats Espadrilles".  Use the appropriate keywords to find how other people have listed the same item as what you have to list.

Message 24 of 32
latest reply

How should I go about the earrings?

Message 25 of 32
latest reply

@stacimorri-0 wrote:

How should I go about the earrings?

I'm sorry I don't list/sell jewerly so I am not the best person to ask.  Are they costume or real?  Do a search using some words that describe it and see other people's listings for similar ones. That would be a good place to start.  

@stacimorri-0 

Think like a buyer.  What keywords would they use to find what they are looking for, which will lead them to your listing.  Details. Details. Details.

Maybe a jewerly seller will chime in with some other suggestions for you.

Message 26 of 32
latest reply

When you get 500 to 1000 listings

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 27 of 32
latest reply

@stacimorri-0 wrote:

I would guess it would be nearly impossible for that to happen. You could list a bunch of items worth say $50 or more and sell them for $10 each that are in high demand and get a buyer every day. Other than that it is not going to happen. In fact, if everyone could sell items every single day then many would quit their day jobs and become Ebay sellers instead.

Message 28 of 32
latest reply

@stacimorri-0 wrote:

1) Undercut everyone else on total price --- this can easily be done by adding a "bonus" for multiple sales  and giving future credit for returning customers

2) List Loss Leaders --- to be successful you must build a reputation

3) Advertise on Social Media, Niche sites, etc

4) Offer discounts for referrals

Most importantly --- remember the Cardinal Rule of Retail --- the customer is always right --- learn to appear sincere in your apologies when you "screw up" ...

Message 29 of 32
latest reply

If you are shipping preowned shoes in a padded flat rate envelope most of the time (the free ones from USPS), how can you make that look attractive?
Message 30 of 32
latest reply