cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to close a case if the item shows delivered?

Hi! I had a buyer open a case for item not received. The USPS now shows the item received/delivered. The buyer says she received it and wants to close the case but wants me to do it or wants me to tell her how to do it because she doesn't understand the system. I am not familiar with this system (Case open/closing). I don't see on my end as the seller that I can close the case myself. I have input the tracking and delivery information to the case but it still shows an open case against me. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to close a case if the item shows delivered?

@out-of-the-mists wrote:

Hi! I had a buyer open a case for item not received. The USPS now shows the item received/delivered. The buyer says she received it and wants to close the case but wants me to do it or wants me to tell her how to do it because she doesn't understand the system. I am not familiar with this system (Case open/closing). I don't see on my end as the seller that I can close the case myself. I have input the tracking and delivery information to the case but it still shows an open case against me. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

After about five business days, you'll see an option that will pop up near the link to refund the buyer. It will say "ask ebay to step in". Fill in the necessary areas saying tracking shows delivered. Within about 30 minutes the robots will close the case for you in your favor. It can take up to a day.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@out-of-the-mists wrote:

After about five business days, you'll see an option that will pop up near the link to refund the buyer. It will say "ask ebay to step in". Fill in the necessary areas saying tracking shows delivered. Within about 30 minutes the robots will close the case for you in your favor. It can take up to a day.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

On an INR case, I always just call Ebay.  They can verify the tracking shows delivered and close the INR right away.  It typically doesn't take very much time to accomplish this.  Just a quick call.  

FYI, when you go to call Ebay, many times you will have the option to have Ebay call you back.  I click on that option.  I have always had a call back in well under 5 minutes.  It works great for me.

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I agree with mam- call ebay.  And if you get them to call you back, you almost always get a US representative. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Same here. I call ebay. If the tracking shows delivered, they will close the case.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Did all of you just call me lazy for not wanting to lift up my phone? 😄

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

thank you to everyone who took the time to answer! 🙂

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Look up lazy in the dictionary ... you will see my picture.  😃

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 8 of 8
latest reply