cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to block bids from excluded destinations?

I have excluded China as shipping destination but still receive bids from bidders in China. How can this be blocked without having to block each bidder individually? 

Sometimes they just want me to send to China so it is not so that they use a forwarding based outside the excluded shipping location.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Go to:  My ebay > Summary > Account > Site preferences >Buyer requirements > Block buyers who > EDIT

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Hi, i checked your shipping exclusions in your 6 current listings. 4 of them did not have China listed as an excluded country. That would be the Meyer Gorlitz mount, the Schneider lens, the Rollei top cover, and the Rollei lens cap. The other two show China on the exclusion list. When did you set up your shipping exclusions? If you already had listings up when you initiated the exclusion for China, then you need to also check the box that updates current active listings. It is near the bottom of the Shipping Exclusion page and states "Also apply to current listings".

Do you also have your Buyer Requirements set up to block those buyers "whose primary address is in a location I don't ship to"? Buyer Requirements are under Site Preferences.

I see you are in the Netherlands. The above information is for the eBay USA site where I see your 6 listings. I hope this helps you update your exclusions. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Oh, I forgot to mention that you can also check the box at the bottom of the Buyer Requirements page that enables your selections to update your current listings. That box reads as: "Apply above settings to active and future listings,"

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

You can block the bidders you don't want to ship to,

Go to My eBay > Account > Site Preferences.

In the Selling Preferences section, scroll to Shipping preferences, and then click Show.

To Exclude shipping locations from your listings, click Edit.

Select the states, territories, or regions you don't want to ship to. You can exclude entire continents or select Show all countries, and then select the specific countries you don't want to ship to.

All excluded countries you select will appear in the lower section of the page.

Select Apply to all current live listings to apply these exclusions to all your current listings.

Click Apply to save your requirements.

The requirements you select will be applied to your current and future listings and can be disabled at any time.

And for more information you may have a look.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/buyer-requirements.html

Thank You

Javda

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

You should be aware that a buyer in China with a US shipping address will still be able to bid on your items.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Thank you all for your elaborate replies.

Yes I already had set up Buyer Requirements to block buyers with primary address in a location I don’t ship to - eg. China.

As 7606dennis mentions, a buyer in China with a US shipping address can still bid, and then it is possible to send them an invoice over the eBay system. That's OK. 

What worries me is that I found that one buyer with a Chinese shipping address (I know this from a previous transaction, which had a Chinese shipping address) could also bid. I did check that China was excluded, and the listing was on the US site. In the eBay bid history locations can be seen, in this case the location is 97220-1323. It doesn’t seem to be a zip code/postal code. 

The only explanation I can think of, is that this buyer has a non-Chinese shipping address in eBay, and a Chinese shipping address in PayPal. So eBay will allow bids, but the shipping address you get is on the PayPal payment which is in China. Would that make sense? Thanks, Peter

PS it is correct that not all my listings exclude China. The reason is that tracking outside Europe is terrible and often China has long shipping times which creates annoyance with the buyers. And I can't tell them where their parcel is. For low cost items I just refund in case they complain but expensive terms I don’t want to do that for. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Can you also set up exclusions thru PayPal?

Seem to remember that ?I have done that.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for your idea. Can't find that in PayPal now. Anyway, that would mean always blocking China in this case while with low cost items I don't mind allowing China as destination.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply