cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Friday Buyers Holding Back?

I am expecting better sales after cyber Monday. I believe potential buyers are holding back based on how many views and watchers on my items. I guess I'm doing the same thing basically keeping saved funds liquid enough to purchase needed and wanted Items during Black Friday weekend through Tuesday of that following week, after this the desperation frenzy will hopefully return back to eBAY.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Some buyers do that most certainly.  There are a variety of different kind of buyers.  Some [like me] are completely done with their Holiday shopping before Black Friday or Cyber Monday and others are just getting started.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Some of the people around by me said they are not buying anything except the necessities like food, gas etc. and are going to save what money they have because they are scared of the different business's and stores that are threatening to close. They are also not sure what will happen at the next election next year so they want to have some money to hold them over. 

They even said they are not buying this Christmas either, just for the younger kids and only plan on having a dinner/feast  for the family/friends and that is all. 

But the ones that are buying, I bet are waiting to see all the deals first being offered by the stores and it won't be busy here until after Thursday night or Friday when they find out who has the best deals available.

I only have a handful of auctions up that will be over tonight and 1 ending tomorrow but I don't sell holiday gift type items so I will be done until next year but I wish you all good luck selling during the holidays. 

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Agree, but if anyone's like me they wait until its Christmas eve and that would not be good for us sellers.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

As bad as sales are now, I don't look for them to be any better for awhile.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

@yumalane wrote:

Agree, but if anyone's like me they wait until its Christmas eve and that would not be good for us sellers.

Well those people won't be buying online in the first place.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 6 of 18
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

Some buyers do that most certainly.  There are a variety of different kind of buyers.  Some [like me] are completely done with their Holiday shopping before Black Friday or Cyber Monday and others are just getting started.  

I'm about halfway  done ,, but I say that every year about  this time. The truth is ,, I spend money on Christmas every year  clear up to the last minute . 🙂   Tulips 

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

@yumalane wrote:

I'd break out in hives or some other affliction  if I did that .   LOL  but seriously .   Tulips 

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

@yumalane wrote:

I am expecting better sales after cyber Monday.

...... the desperation frenzy will hopefully return back to eBAY.

Great hopes & expections for closing 2019

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

I'm wondering if Christmas is even much of a big deal to most people anymore.  Everything is changing to what used to be, isn't anymore.  Families and gatherings seem to be a thing of the past.  We haven't really "done Christmas" for years now, no little kids to buy for, seems silly to buy for just adults.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

@membersinceaug2001 wrote:

I'm wondering if Christmas is even much of a big deal to most people anymore.  Everything is changing to what used to be, isn't anymore.  Families and gatherings seem to be a thing of the past.  We haven't really "done Christmas" for years now, no little kids to buy for, seems silly to buy for just adults.

It is in my area - so much happens during the Christmas season - the Christmas ships (the decorated ships in the harbour and lakes), people go crazy with Christmas lights and Christmas walks, get together for Christmas recitals, families go see Santa (we have a couple of very popular Santas in our little town center) , I'm signed up for two Christmas foot races where we collect food and the like. And on the day when we get together with family, I see people carrying pans of food to various houses, obviously having a potluck themselves with family and friends.  I live in an old first ring suburb, too - no place fancy, but treesy and nice.

Ignore the stupid commercial frenzy, and it seems to be a humane time of year.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Now the nutso Thanksgiving black Friday stuff - since now stores are pushing their goods even on Thanksgiving, it's become a thing to go.  So last Thanksgiving we were all gathered at one of the family houses (I have a large extended family) and after dinner we older adults were sitting around one of the big tables talking.  Some of the young nieces and nephews said they were going off to the mall to go shopping just for grins and did anybody want to come. We knew it was going to be crazy so we told them to go ahead and have a good time, and waved goodbye as we popped the cork on another bottle of wine LOL.

But yes, I think people looking for hot commodities (mostly electronics I suspect) are waiting to see what the deals are.  

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

I got bluetooth speakers and a new printer today at Best Buy, both at about 70% off, and I’m still eying utterly ginormous Smart TVs for under $500.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

On my other account, I always have a lull before Black Friday as people start comparison shopping and waiting... But it usually goes back after.
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

The really smart shoppers do their shopping after Christmas, when all the real sales start.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 15 of 18
latest reply