cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid Automatic payment method

Hello,

So I've sold a couple of items on eBay. Succesful transactions, always shipped the product, always paid the invoice on time. No problems.  Recently eBay is now always asking me to add a Automatic payment method. It always pops up when I try to list a new item, there seems like there is no way to get around it. 

What is going on? I don't want eBay charging me automaticly for fees. 

Has anyone else encountered this? Is there anyway to get through it? 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Ebay always charges fees right away.  They bill you once a month. It is not something you can get around. It is part of the policy.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/setting-changing-payment-method?id=4124&st=2...

When you create a seller account, you'll need to add a payment method to pay for any eBay selling fees or charges. You can choose PayPal, direct debit, or credit card as your payment method.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

It could be that you have not linked your CC to eBay for paying fees? They generally ask for this. That is okay to add it. The way to make sure they don't automatically charge your bank account even if a CC is linked is to use 'One Time Payment' on a daily basis or whenever you've had a sale. I generally pay my fees daily with PayPal but still have the CC attached. By the time they send the monthly fees invoice its already been paid off with PayPal. So no charges are sent to my bank.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@janet9988 wrote:

Ebay always charges fees right away.  They bill you once a month. It is not something you can get around. It is part of the policy.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/setting-changing-payment-method?id=4124&st=2...

When you create a seller account, you'll need to add a payment method to pay for any eBay selling fees or charges. You can choose PayPal, direct debit, or credit card as your payment method.

I don't think you understood my question wink

I know you have to pay ebay fee's. My problem is, whenever I want to sell something this pops up:

(see attachment)

It wants me to add a automatic payment, I don't want to add a automatic payment. I just want to use the "one time payment" option like I've been doing untill now (ebay sends me a email invoice, I open the link, pay with paypal and thats it).

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@duncanvr wrote:

It could be that you have not linked your CC to eBay for paying fees? They generally ask for this. That is okay to add it. The way to make sure they don't automatically charge your bank account even if a CC is linked is to use 'One Time Payment' on a daily basis or whenever you've had a sale. I generally pay my fees daily with PayPal but still have the CC attached. By the time they send the monthly fees invoice its already been paid off with PayPal. So no charges are sent to my bank.

Hmm, they never asked for a credit card before. When it was time to pay the invoice, they sent me an email, I opened the link, paid with paypal and that was it. Now eBay is always asking me to add a automatic payment method, I just want to stay with the "One time payment" method. 

This is what keeps popping up when I want to list a product:

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

You might want to consider giving in. Because all the effort you are going through to make the payment through paypal each time would be   so    much    easier. I think most all sellers will agree. Just select paypal- the money goes right in with the sale and out for the fees   Easy peasy. 

I am who I am- those who matter don't mind. Those who mind, don't matter.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@donnhoni_0 wrote:

@janet9988 wrote:

I don't think you understood my question wink

I know you have to pay ebay fee's. My problem is, whenever I want to sell something this pops up:

(see attachment)

It wants me to add a automatic payment, I don't want to add a automatic payment. I just want to use the "one time payment" option like I've been doing untill now (ebay sends me a email invoice, I open the link, pay with paypal and thats it).

Yes I did. Ebay will not let you sell anymore until you agree to follow their policy. Ebay can use this funding option if you dont refund a buyer if a claim is filed aginst you and you faill to refund the buyer yourself.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Hi, I encounter the same problem but how much is eBay charging per sale, I sold a couple items and don’t want to be surprised by having to pay something else than the PayPal fees, which a pretty considerable already 

thanks

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Hi, @apollebo_0 this thread might get locked by a mod because it is an old discussion from 2018. If it does, use the blue Start a Topic button and ask your question in a new thread. It is a good idea anyway because folks may not see your question here at the tail end of the thread.

To answer your question, there are more than just PayPal fees when you sell on eBay. There are also eBay Final Value fees which are usually 10% of the sale. The PayPal fees are generally 2.9% of the sale plus a 30 cent processing charge. Also, depending on how you list an item, don’t overlook the possible insertion fees or upgrade fees charged by eBay. Below is a link to what fees you can incur as a seller on eBay.

Good luck to you as a new seller. Come back anytime you have a question or concern. There are some helpful posters here.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees?id=4364

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Thank you very much, I think I figured all of of my costs and profits now after doing some research
Message 10 of 10
latest reply