cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How remove a negative feedback?

Hello,

A buyer paid for an item with 3 variations. He chooses the less expensive one and want me to send him the most expensive. I send him photos to let him understand that he got what he paid for. I opened a case. eBay decide to refund him without my participation and without removing the negative feedback.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Those were not the same thing and should have been listed separately.  Buyer is one listing, things to burn can be in one listing with different quantities

But, either way, eBay decided against you.  They don't seem to understand what a big deal that is for a small seller.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

And, to make it even worse-they punished you twice.  No money, bad feedback, missing inventory.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Thank you divwido,

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

It sounds like you’re saying a refund was given to the buyer but that eBay paid for it   Which would indicate it was closed in your favor but the buyer got a courtesy refund.  They should still qualify for feedback removal 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

VERY misleading listing:

Title:

Backflow Incense Burner Creative Purple Clay Waterfall Little Monk Buddha Fish

the $3.99 variation description: 20 pc mixed cones

the 7.99 variation description: 70 pcs mixed cones

the 17.99 variation description:  burner + 20 cones

In the description area  is:

Package included : 1x Incense burner (include the base) +20x Cones (as gift)

personally, I agree with the neg..........

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

excuse me, burner is one thing,

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@artoflifeshop wrote:

Hello,

A buyer paid for an item with 3 variations. He chooses the less expensive one and want me to send him the most expensive. I send him photos to let him understand that he got what he paid for. I opened a case. eBay decide to refund him without my participation and without removing the negative feedback.

The description for your listing says Package included : 1x Incense burner (include the base) +20x Cones (as gift)

But apparently the burner is only included in one of your variations. 

IMHO your listing is fatally flawed. Not only is the description deceiving,  but it borders on a policy violation: 

Top Takeaway
For similar items that have variations such as color or size, you can create a single fixed price listing that includes all variations you have available.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/creating-listings-variations?i...

Your listing does not have a list of variations. It is like having a variation listing for a bicycle where one of the options is just a set of spokes.

Yes, your buyer is confused - but the confusion is substantially your fault. eBay has millions of buyers, and pretty much by definition half of them have below average intelligence. As a seller, IMHO it is your job to create listings that minimize the chances of confusion or you will suffer the consequences.  

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Just want to thank you all for your participation and wish good luck.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Hi, one method to remove a negative feedback is thru a buyer's revision. If you have worked out things with the buyer, they have the authority to change their feedback left. You would have to send them a Feedback Revision Request. Sellers only have a few revision requests allowed each year and if you send one and the buyer declines to change the negative feedback, that request is lost and will not be replaced until the following year. So you do not want to waste one on a buyer who is unlikely to revise their feedback. Here is a link to the policy:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-policies/feedback-policies?id=4208

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

That variations listing is not correct.

The variation is supposed to be "color". You're supposed to be able to choose a color. 

The choices on the drop down menu have nothing to do with color.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 11 of 11
latest reply