cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much can you save if you have a store subscription?

I think I have a month to month store subscription, I think I heard you can subscribe for  year to year. Is this true?  Can you save much if you do this?

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: How much can you save if you have a store subscription?

@mozartbach1971 wrote:

Thanks for the link.  There's so much information it's hard to tell  which one would be best for me.  Overall I list around 120 items for auction  a week starting at a one cent minimum bid.  

You just need to do the math.  Are you looking for us to tell you what store level is best for you?  This needs to be your decision.

You post according to you approximately 500 auctions [not BINs] on a monthly basis, so look at the options and see where that lands you in the various store levels.  Then see if that is a price that saves you money over what you are currently paying.

As you are looking at this also keep in mind that you with have a FVF reduction too if you select a Basic Store or higher.  

You can start off with a store level that you think will work for you.  If you do a subscription, you are allowed to Upgrade your store without any penalties during your subscription.  It is only downgrading a store or closing your store during the subscription that you are charged cancellation fees for.

FYI, why start your listings at .01?  You really shouldn't start them for anything less than the fees you have to pay.  It isn't likely to cause you to lose any buyers as clearly many of your auctions get bid up, but some don't and you end up selling them at a loss.  I personally don't think you will lose any participation from buyers if you raised your starting bid to 99 cents or even a little higher.  You might test that and see how it works for you.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 16 of 34
latest reply

What level subscription (cost?) do you currently have and are you in managed payments yet?

I'm not sure what subscription I have. On my last invoice  for subscription and one time fees it has the amount of $74.95.  No, I have not been put into managed payments yet.

Message 17 of 34
latest reply

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, YOU WILL LOSE MONEY WITH A STORE AND YOU CANNOT CANCEL IT WITHOUT BEING CHARGED FOR A YEAR SUBSCIPTION

Message 18 of 34
latest reply

@toolsbyed wrote:

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, YOU WILL LOSE MONEY WITH A STORE AND YOU CANNOT CANCEL IT WITHOUT BEING CHARGED FOR A YEAR SUBSCIPTION

You will only lose money if you don't do the math. If you don't list enough stuff to support a store, then yes, you will lose.

No, you will not be charged for a year if you have a month to month store. Yes, you will be charged an early termination fee if you have an annual subscription.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 19 of 34
latest reply

Did they change the fixed price listings to  200  from previously 100 for anyone?  I think last year I began my store for I was approaching 100 listings and would go over a few.  I have the starter subscription to avoid paying individual listing fees for those over 100.  

Guess I am not benefitting from having a store since I rarely go over 100 fixed price listings?

Message 20 of 34
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

How does the Basic store save you money? You'd get 200 free insertions anyway with no store so there's very little savings on insertion fees.  The coupon is $25 but the subscription is $22 (or $28) every month, so the actual savings must be in the lower final value fees?

I have a basic store, I just reviewed the whole chart and I believe I'll be downgrading soon to a starter store, they do however offer benefits such as promoted listings and reduced fees.

Message 21 of 34
latest reply

@toolsbyed wrote:

I'm sorry that your experience hasn't been good but for most sellers it does save them money if they select the correct level for themselves.  Not just with the free allotment of listings but with the lower FVFs, Shipping supply coupon and other benefits.  The key is to find the right size store that will meet your needs.

Message 22 of 34
latest reply

@furreherai0 wrote:

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

How does the Basic store save you money? You'd get 200 free insertions anyway with no store so there's very little savings on insertion fees.  The coupon is $25 but the subscription is $22 (or $28) every month, so the actual savings must be in the lower final value fees?

I have a basic store, I just reviewed the whole chart and I believe I'll be downgrading soon to a starter store, they do however offer benefits such as promoted listings and reduced fees.

@furreherai0 

If that is the store that fits your needs the best, then that is what you should do.  However make sure you consider all the benefits a store has to offer, not just the level of free listings.  You lost the discount on FVFs when you move to a starter store and that benefit alone can cost you real money if you choose to lose it.

Message 23 of 34
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@furreherai0 wrote:

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

@furreherai0 

If that is the store that fits your needs the best, then that is what you should do.  However make sure you consider all the benefits a store has to offer, not just the level of free listings.  You lost the discount on FVFs when you move to a starter store and that benefit alone can cost you real money if you choose to lose it.

Oh that is very interesting, you really have to do the math...
With either store if I sell $2000 a month in merch, the basic store gets a 0.85% "discount" on FVF which equals $17.00... Considering the starter costs $5 a month yearly and the basic $22... $5 + $17 = $22...

Might not be giving it up so fast after all, especially since I'll be paying the early exit fee as well.

Message 24 of 34
latest reply

Starter store subscribers pay the same FVF as non-stores. They do not get that .85% discount.

Starter stores get 250 free insertions. Non-stores get 200.  And if a Starter store wants to set up an auction-format listing, they can use their free insertions in only 13 specific categories; they have the same constraints as other stores.

Message 25 of 34
latest reply

I just got a dumb reply from Smedley looking for turbolister replacements.  I am looking for opinions, not some smart remark. This happens every darn time  I post on the boards. Tired of it.

Message 26 of 34
latest reply

Previously it was 50 not 100.

Message 27 of 34
latest reply

How are you saving money on a store when we get 200 free listings every month? Even if you paid for 50 listings, isn't that still less than the monthly cost for a store?

Message 28 of 34
latest reply

@mozartbach1971 wrote:

What level subscription (cost?) do you currently have and are you in managed payments yet?

I'm not sure what subscription I have. On my last invoice  for subscription and one time fees it has the amount of $74.95.  No, I have not been put into managed payments yet.

That is a month to month on a Premium Store.

@mozartbach1971 

Message 29 of 34
latest reply

@springvalleywi wrote:

I just got a dumb reply from Smedley looking for turbolister replacements.  I am looking for opinions, not some smart remark. This happens every darn time  I post on the boards. Tired of it.

@springvalleywi 

That is because a few come here for entertainment.  Most come here to help or learn or vent.

Message 30 of 34
latest reply