cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for ebay to click their mouse?

I had a customer file a item received damaged claim. Handle broken off of a coffe mug. She sent me pictures. 

I offered her a refund or a replacement. She choose a refund.  I bet she was going to just super glue the handle back on.  But anyways.

I gave her a ful refund on 8-3-20  and told her no need to send back the broken mug.

A few days ago i noticed he case is still "open".  I sent ebay a message.  I chatted with ebay.  They aaid they would take care of it. 

Now here it is 8--14-20 and the case is still "open".  Should i be concerned?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: How long does it take for ebay to click their mouse?

If you refunded them through the return I don't see why there would be any concern.  eBay's systems are so slow to time things out.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Don't let their inefficiency bother you. Rather, get used to it.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

I was surpised when i was on a chat with them the other day that they weren't able to take care of instantaneously.  You now, press a buttom or click a mouse and ....... case closed.  I guess it's more complicated than that? 

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

If I had a job, and my boss gave me a menial task, and 17 days after saying I would do it s/he asked for the results, and in fact I had not done it yet, I would not expect that to end well for me.

Posting ID
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

I gave her a ful refund on 8-3-20  and told her no need to send back the broken mug.

A few days ago i noticed he case is still "open".  I sent ebay a message.  I chatted with ebay.  They aaid they would take care of it. 

Now here it is 8--14-20 and the case is still "open".  Should i be concerned?

After eBay changed the handling of return requests that appear abandoned on Apr 1, CS can no longer close returns at the request of a seller. But it can still be done, if CS knows how.

When a poster showed many returns that were still open long after their expiry date, a blue discovered that this was a glitch. Meanwhile, a regular complained about this to CS, then reported that the return closed early the next morning: CS had escalated their return.

So if you want this super-glued return closed now, James, just ask CS to escalate it. Otherwise, it will quietly close on its own as if the return was abandoned.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

I was surpised when i was on a chat with them the other day that they weren't able to take care of instantaneously.  You now, press a buttom or click a mouse and ....... case closed.  I guess it's more complicated than that? 

It's not but the IQ level of the average CS representative is lower today than ever before.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I wonder if this is related but I noticed that on Friday a buyer filed a cancellation request. I approved it on Friday morning. As far as I know those close out almost instantaneously. As of right now, Sunday night, the transaction is still showing in my open cancellations section as “cancellation in progress.”

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

It sounds like regular eBay functions are falling apart and no  on is there to fix or oversee them ...

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

It's now 2 chats and 1 message to ebay. I "spoke"with them today about 12 hours ago.  The case is still open.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

There is much labour involved.

little-smiling-business-man-using-giant-mouse-at-work-picture-id157608249.jpg

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

I bet she was going to just super glue the handle back on. 

If she wants to be like the idiot who sued MckyD for spilling hot coffee while driving. You know super glue is not going to hold a heavy cup full of coffee. lol

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

It's now 2 chats and 1 message to ebay. I "spoke"with them today about 12 hours ago.  The case is still open.

I had the same "issue" with a refund not closing immediately. 

I noticed it on my seller dashboard the next day. 

About a week later I notice it had closed on its own. 

Otherwise, I paid zero attention to it. 

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Yep, nothing new, been happening for years!

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

@inhawaii wrote:

I bet she was going to just super glue the handle back on. 

If she wants to be like the idiot who sued MckyD for spilling hot coffee while driving. You know super glue is not going to hold a heavy cup full of coffee. lol

It might not be to drink from, might be a collection piece. It has no value with the handle broken off, but if you like the mug you can sit it on your mantel for decoration. I have about 20 mugs I don't drink from just because I'm collecting them.

C.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply