cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is the 90-day total calculated, seems wrong to me?

I have one item that I just sold for a buy-it-now price of $50 and the buyer paid $15.50 in shipping for what I would expect to be a total of $65.50.  My 90-day total shows $70.63 and I cannot figure out why?  I've only sold the one item in the last 90 days so I'm a bit baffled where the other $5.13 came from.  

Screenshot from 2021-07-20 07-37-03.pngScreenshot from 2021-07-20 07-37-20.pngI have one other item active item for sale but since it has not sold I don't see that it would have any bearing on the 90-day total. Can anyone explain this? 

Cannot find a way through the ebay help to even get to a place that explains it and their support chat is currently closed.

Thanks

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@32708,

The 90 day total, is a running total of all payments received in your account.

It includes shipping, sales tax, and any other amounts that your buyer had to pay, as long as they are included in the amount that is credited to your eBay account. The sales tax is immediately transferred out again, so that eBay can forward them to the buyer's state. eBay has always included the total amount of buyer's payments in the 90 day total.

You can go to the Payments tab in Seller Hub to view your payment activity and payout details.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

If you can give us a link to where that is shown.....might help.....I would "guess" it might include sales tax the buyer paid. 

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Possibly taxes eBay collected from the buyer. Take a look at the order details. 

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

@32708 wrote:

I have one item that I just sold for a buy-it-now price of $50 and the buyer paid $15.50 in shipping for what I would expect to be a total of $65.50.

My first instict would be to look at the transaction detail to see what the total sale actually was, instead of guessing. The difference between $65.xx and 70.xx seems to correlate with a 7-8% sales tax in your buyer's state. 

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

@32708,

The 90 day total, is a running total of all payments received in your account.

It includes shipping, sales tax, and any other amounts that your buyer had to pay, as long as they are included in the amount that is credited to your eBay account. The sales tax is immediately transferred out again, so that eBay can forward them to the buyer's state. eBay has always included the total amount of buyer's payments in the 90 day total.

You can go to the Payments tab in Seller Hub to view your payment activity and payout details.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

azh-71
Thrill-Seeker

Why does it even matter to you?  Is 90 day total a meaningful metric somehow?

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Thanks, the missing information was the Tax collected of $5.13.  It shows up in the "Seller Hub" which I have not used but just setup and see it now.

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

It is meaningful if I understand how it is calculated and what is included.  It was the only metric that I could find in my account since I was not using the "Seller Hub".  Since the numbers did not align with my expectations and the fees that ebay charged were much high then I expected I was just trying to reconcile the differences.  E.g. I sold and shipped the item a US adress but was charged International fees, apparently, because the buyers address was in Japan which was something had not anticipated either.

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

what do you even do on eBay Mr. 0 feedback?

back on topic, yup, tax explains it, I also was wondering why it was wrong.

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

You are not familiar with posting id's?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 10 of 21
latest reply

suchasiam
Adventurer

I'm glad some of you were able to make the math add up, Ive been on the hub and everywhere else, and its still off. none of the numbers can add up to what my " posted total" is. Its only  maddening because if they have a tool, it should not be wrong or overly complicated. 

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

It’s really shady that this is not explained with a link next to the amount calculated for 90days.

The whole selling on eBay has been a Big disappointment. They seems like they are purposely  make things more complicated by adding layers (hoops) us seller have to jump through just to get the information. Then we write that information down and do our own calculations for something that they should clearly have broken down. Seems like a class action waiting to happen.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Please join with me in the class action drinking game. 

Opa!

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 13 of 21
latest reply

@dryophelia wrote:

Please join with me in the class action drinking game. 

Opa!

can't do it. I would be making too many trips to the............................

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Thank you for this thread/answer. I'm a new ebay seller and only just realized that # is not the net. There really should be a second # next to that 90-day total that actually IS the seller's 90-day NET total, otherwise it is completely deceiving. And/or in the payouts page, there should be a running NET monthly total in addition to  the individual payout transaction list. Please, ebay IT and thank you!

Message 15 of 21
latest reply