cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is my "Shipping Cost" less than 5 stars?

Can someone clear up my understanding on something?

I'm not a high volume seller, but have been selling a few items a month for quite a few years now.

In any case, since Ebay started incentivizing free shipping(several years ago) I have included free domestic shipping(generally first class or priority depending on the item size/nature) on all of my items.

My international shipping is meant to be actual cost(I do NOT do GSP), although I've been known to miscalculate and have lost money before(and always refunded if it's too much). Any way you slice it, international shipping from the US is expensive.

I know from my own buying that it is not possible to leave a DSR for sellers who offer free shipping. I also seem to recall that international sales are not counted in DSRs.

So, as it sits now, I have a 4.8 out of 5 rating. Is it possible that I have missed/misunderstood a rule change about international shipping going into DSRs?

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

How is my "Shipping Cost" less than 5 stars?

@ben_hutcherson wrote:

Yes, I ALWAYS offer free shipping and don't have a handling fee.

I do offer Express as a paid option and always have, but in 10+ years of selling I have NEVER had anyone take me up on that.

THIS^^^ is the key to why you have a 4.8.  If you even offer a paid shipping service, the buyer can express their opinion on the DSRs.  The buyer doesn't have to choose that method, you just have to offer it. 

Apologies if this was answered previously, I did not read all the comments before posting. 

Know that DSRs don't mean anything any more unless they get to really bad levels.  eBay doesn't count them on your metrics.   

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 31 of 31
latest reply