Did you mean: 

How eBay Is Helping Sellers Affected by Hurricanes Harvey & Irma

Message 1 of 97
latest reply
96 REPLIES 96

Re: How eBay Is Helping Sellers Affected by Hurricanes Harvey & Irma

auctionpet
Guide
Ebay posts this thread, then fails to come back and answer any related questions or do what they promised. They could at the very least post an update. They said things would be automatic, but it's not looking that way. Talk is cheap.
Message 46 of 97
latest reply

Ebay has posted announcements saying they will work with sellers who were impacted by this disaster.

Message 47 of 97
latest reply

@sodelight wrote:

@thatisrathernice wrote:

@sodelight wrote:
@thatisrathernice

Have you seen the promised $30 shipping supplies coupon/credit in your account?

The hurricane has been gone for over a week, it seems their dragging their feet with finalizing dates. Most of what your received is an automated response.

No I have not. Have you written to the email address to atleast put yourself on their affected sellers list? I don't know if writting to the email makes a difference but I have a strange feeling it does. About when the credits are supposed to be in our accounts, quoting their words in the email "Once we finalize dates for the above promoted listing credit and coupon, we will update you either by email or through the eBay Community boards." I don't think they have finalized how/when/or which sellers will recieve such credits. Remember alot of people are still without power and unaccounted for. Its going to take months to get back to normal for the state(s) affected. These hurricanes are a big mess for everyone and to expect ebay to just handout credits instantly is in my opinion a great expectation. Even FEMA doesn't just throw people money like that, although it would be very helpful 😉

Yes, I emailed and received their canned response, that's how I know your was also automated. I don't believe they want everyone emailing. This is why they stated you don't need to.  If ebay is going to take long to issue the credits they should state this. You can't compare ebay to FEMA!  People being without power has nothing to do with ebay making the announcement and standing behind it. Ebay is working fine.

All I asked you was if you received a supplies credit. SMH.

@sodelight Automated "canned" response or not I got my defects removed, listing/store fees credited and a $30 shipping supplies coupon. And yes I checked they actually did it. Please see email from ebay below:

"Thank you for your follow up. We are still processing the hurricane protections for impacted users.

To ensure your account is protected, I have processed the removal of the canceled transaction defects, credited the insertion fees received this month, and credited your last store subscription fee that was received.

Additionally, to assist you immediately during this time, I have provided your account with a $30.00 eBay coupon for use on the eBay Shipping Supply Store found at: http://stores.ebay.com/ebay-shipping-supplies. For your convenience, the $30.00 coupon code for use with eBay shipping Supplies is: XXXXXXXXX. This code is to be applied at checkout when completing your shipping supply purchase.

For any additional hurricane relief inquiries, you can reply to this email, or hurricanerelief@ebay.com."

Not sure why everyone else is having such an issue. Ebay has been nothing but wonderful to me throughout this whole mess. 

Good luck and I hope this helps!

Message 48 of 97
latest reply

So glad this worked out for you; hope everybody has that experience.

Message 49 of 97
latest reply

We are getting late defects because in some cases the post office was closed for a week or more.  They are dinging us for late shipments because it took longer than our listing handling time to get packages in the mail.

Message 50 of 97
latest reply

@doozer0712 wrote:

We are getting late defects because in some cases the post office was closed for a week or more.  They are dinging us for late shipments because it took longer than our listing handling time to get packages in the mail.

This.

They have deleted all instances of the "late scan/arrived late" from my dashboard.

They have not deleted the late label upload dings.

Mine's at 94.22%. I was just about to say, perhaps I can build it up again to negate this by the end of the month, but given I was not selling for a full ten days, I won't be able to bolster it. Mine was already at around 97% before the hurricane, because of holding orders for buyers that were unsure/wanted to buy more stuff. I just kept an eye on this so it would never fall under 95%. I guess I should not have done that because this month I have 9 out of 29 orders late that were sold in the week prior to the hurricane and I'm not going to be able to sell/ship out enough in time given I normally ship 400 or so packets monthly and I haven't done this month and won't be able to.

especially given how I've now moved half my sales elsewhere due to being generally sick of stuff like this.

Message 51 of 97
latest reply

" Ebay will work with sellers" ?, Run for cover.....unless your from China.
Message 52 of 97
latest reply

I notice that there haven't been any blues 'pop in' here to offer any help, or even give a 'make sure you call CS - they can help you' speil or to check to see if anyone has  filled in the feedback so that the appropriate 'team' can get to work on "IT".

I wonder if it is like so many other things - it has to be done retro-actively.  Or, perhaps it will be taken care of 'soon'.

Hmmmm, hurricane hitting PR, huh?   That should be a good fun to call US customer service about - in the Philippines.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 53 of 97
latest reply

I liked that little laugh when he claimed that sellers are part of the family at ebay.  

Message 54 of 97
latest reply

@doozer0712 wrote:

I haven't seen any of these go into effect either.  I'm in Houston and wasn't able to ship for a week during Harvey.  Ebay says they wouldn't ding our seller accounts for late shipping, but I've been dinged for everything I sold during the hurricane.  I tried emailing that hurricane email that was in the annoucement, but all they responded with was that they are trying to determine if I live in one of the impacted areas...I'm in freaking Houston!

This is typical, it's all just PR.

Message 55 of 97
latest reply

I wonder if it is like so many other things - it has to be done retro-actively.

Uh, yup.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 56 of 97
latest reply

As a full time ebay seller with 2 stores, I also work outside the home part time a few days a week in the store where I once was a manager... I work for Walmart. In Dayton, Ohio...I have seen first hand our store fill up a truck with pallets of bottled water going down to Florida and Texas. I know it's just a little thing, but Walmart gets looked as the root of all evil sometimes..and sometimes they are...but they are usually one of the first to send water and supplies to disaster areas. I also run a fb group for ebay sellers and have challenged all my members to pick a charity that helps those impacted by the hurricanes and pick a handful of listings to donate at least half of the proceeds to the charity they choose.

Message 57 of 97
latest reply

@beautyinterrupted wrote:

As a full time ebay seller with 2 stores, I also work outside the home part time a few days a week in the store where I once was a manager... I work for Walmart. In Dayton, Ohio...I have seen first hand our store fill up a truck with pallets of bottled water going down to Florida and Texas. I know it's just a little thing, but Walmart gets looked as the root of all evil sometimes..and sometimes they are...but they are usually one of the first to send water and supplies to disaster areas. I also run a fb group for ebay sellers and have challenged all my members to pick a charity that helps those impacted by the hurricanes and pick a handful of listings to donate at least half of the proceeds to the charity they choose.

@beautyinterrupted

Disasters can bring out the best in people and companies.  I am just amazed at the devastation that has occurred recently and so sorry for all those impacted.  Those not affected are blessed.  

Beauty, that is a beautiful thing that you have done to inspire your group to donate proceeds from their sales.  Kudos to you!

Message 58 of 97
latest reply

@beautyinterrupted wrote:

No offense, but with the amount of towns that walmart has destroyed, by coming in, replacing all the stores, and then leaving, them sending water to one disaster area, while leaving so many in their wake, is the LEAST they can do.

Message 59 of 97
latest reply

@community_team

Sellers need to know what to do regarding shipping to disaster areas, now including Puerto Rico and the USVI. How do we cancel without penalty or extend handling times? There are more threads about this and the answer is in limbo. What exactly is ebay policy here? Please advise. This is a timely issue.

Message 60 of 97
latest reply