cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does seller escalates SNAD Return Request

Hi,
I received on January 10th Snad Return Request from buyer with "private feedback history". She states that coat I sent to her is not in excellent pre-owned condition but for "giving to Charity". I uploaded my pictures on request which shows exactly that coat is in excellent condition. She responds immediately with some else "arguments" and states that she uploaded those pictures on request where she shows where it's damaged but there is no any picture from her.
I was curious and frustrated about this and googled her name on fb, found out she is drug addict.

But that has nothing to do with me, I just wanted to try to escalate this request because I cannot afford paying for return shipping (international even). She obviously wants it for free.
I tried to escalate this case but cannot. And tried to find ebay phone number where I could call for this, but there is none.
So could anyone help me with some information and experiences?
Thank you in advance all.

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

My point was I am not going to split hairs trying to figure it out. If the name and address brings up somebody shady, I'm not mailing off my big ticket item, period. I suppose the innocent party if one is innocent--is then guilty by association, fair or not. 

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

Do you have phone support in Bosnia ?

Selling Fur coats... well that might be a problem.

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

My observation was from working in the public school system, which is why I try to give everyone a fair chance - no guilt by association.

But ebay has become a jungle.  And as a seller of expensive items, I do understand your point that we have to protect ourselves because ebay does not have our backs.

Since I have become a regular here and seen what sellers are dealing with, I have put every block I can to try and mitigate some of it.

And I am ever vigilant for the smallest sign of trouble.

Also I will come out and say it - choice between a defect and dealing with a scammer.  I will take the former.

Only have 2 items up because I have become so jaded.

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

I have some higher end jewelry and lots of expensive antiques and I just can't bring myself to ever list them. They sit in my hoard while I continue to list lower end. Any sale above $350 I get a little nervous about who I might be dealing with, and that's who I google and do some minimal investigation before mailing it out. If they come up quickly on linkedin with a good job, or if their house is nice, then I relax, stop the investigation and mail out the item. Items worth a thousand or more I just sit on. Luckily so far, (knock on wood) all my higher end sales have been to upstanding terrific buyers. 

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

OP, if you cannot afford to pay for return shipping from International countries, then maybe you should sell US only.

But "US only" would still be international countries!

What is suspicious, though, is how OP is able to ship --

from Bosnia and Herzegovina, from both places at once?

Message 20 of 26
latest reply

@hafoster wrote:

@emerald40 wrote:

OP, if you cannot afford to pay for return shipping from International countries, then maybe you should sell US only.

But "US only" would still be international countries!

What is suspicious, though, is how OP is able to ship --

from Bosnia and Herzegovina, from both places at once?

There are sellers that live close to countries borders and take advantage of that. I see nothing wrong with it. 

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

Bosnia and Herzegonia are one country. That area was part of Yugoslavia before the Balkan war.

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

@ersatz_sobriquet wrote:

My point was I am not going to split hairs trying to figure it out. If the name and address brings up somebody shady, I'm not mailing off my big ticket item, period. I suppose the innocent party if one is innocent--is then guilty by association, fair or not. 

When eBay does this exact same thing only worse by linking sellers that are not related in any way because they once happened to share an IP, all the same posters shaming this OP for tracking their fine buyer are not only perfectly OK with it, they'll defend eBay to the death for doing it.

Gotta love people with hypocritical double standards.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 23 of 26
latest reply

I'll even drive by their house on google earth if I want to. 

Maybe I'll critique their shubbery, or if I like the color of their shutters. 

No, I'm not ashamed in the least. 😄 

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

@gramophone-georg wrote:

@ersatz_sobriquet wrote:

When eBay does this exact same thing only worse by linking sellers that are not related in any way because they once happened to share an IP, all the same posters shaming this OP for tracking their fine buyer are not only perfectly OK with it, they'll defend eBay to the death for doing it.

I don't ever remember "defending ebay to the death" for doing that. But, on the other hand, ebay doesn't post about doing it. The members post themselves.

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

@takikawa4 wrote:

@gramophone-georg wrote:

@ersatz_sobriquet wrote:

I don't ever remember "defending ebay to the death" for doing that. But, on the other hand, ebay doesn't post about doing it. The members post themselves.

So what does that mean?

You're hearing it anecdotally one way or another.

I sold a $3K item to a new to me buyer in Taiwan last week. My venue doesn't act as a tool kit for crooks, so I never worry about that. However, my buyer chose to pay via PayPal, and you can bet your sweet bippy I found a lot about this person via name and address before I OK'd the payment.

If it had been payment via bank transfer as I usually do on large amounts I would not have bothered.

And you might not be "defending them to the death" in a literal sense but you are defending them by trying to make it appear that somehow it's not as bad when it's actually worse.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 26 of 26
latest reply