cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you upload your photos when you list on a desktop computer?

I create my listing and use a generic photo. (could be of anything) on my desktop computer. I don't like listing on my iphone. Then I go back into the listing on my iphone and upload the correct photos. (don't mind doing that) I have found that to be fast. But in the past week or so, it is taking longer for my listings to appear on my iphone.  They used to show up instantly and are now taking several minutes to appear. 

1. Anyone else having that problem?

2. How do you up load your photos if using a desktop computer?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: How do you upload your photos when you list on a desktop computer?

I upload my images to iCloud then download to my PC

Or you can attach your phone to your PC by the charging cable and transfer your photos to your PC. 

Uploading photos from PC to ebay is pretty much the same as uploading from your phone it will ask you to select your image. I Suggest you place your photos on your desktop to find them easy. 

ETA: if your experiencing a lag when uploading it could be poor or weak  wifi connection. 

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I use google photos. When I take a photo on my phone, it automatically backs it up to cloud. Then from pc, I download the photos I want to use. Because phone and pc are linked, when I delete a photo on my pc, it also deletes the photo on my phone. And vice versa, deleting photo on phone, deletes photo in cloud.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I use a camera and connect it to my computer with the cord and upload them.  I have a file name for each day and have written down the item and the date in a perpetual calendar so I can go back to the photos if I need them.  I have photos from 2014-now.  It would be the same for my phone.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I only use desktop, so camera and save to photo file. Then pull from there.

Don't know about iphone, but maybe need to clean browsing and cached history on it. (can you do that, I don't know don't have one) Me still flip phone, me living in past! LOL

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Not a fan of the app for listing, strictly desktop for that; all photos stored in the cloud including and video and photos taken from my android.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Many of my photos are on my desktop so I just load the pic from the computer. For those that I have taken pictures of, I create the draft listing on the computer and then finish it on my tablet (I don't use a phone) by inserting the photos from my gallery. Either way, I'm inserting pics from the device I'm using. I'm finding the lag is about the same.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I do this 5 days a week 

I take pictures with my camera then I take out the little card and put hem in a folder on my desktop

once they are in a folder on your desktop its simple to put them into the listing

you just click add photos and over on the left under desktop you can select the folder that your pictures are in.

i always make sure my folder is ready to go before I start writing fresh auctions or drafts

@zztop11 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I take photos with a real camera. I slip the SD card into my laptop and upload to my listing as I create it. Easy peasy.  I NEVER list with my phone and never will. 

If you take photos with your phone the other posters here have already given several easy ways to get from phone to PC/Laptop.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@zztop11 wrote:

I create my listing and use a generic photo. (could be of anything) on my desktop computer. I don't like listing on my iphone. Then I go back into the listing on my iphone and upload the correct photos. (don't mind doing that) I have found that to be fast. But in the past week or so, it is taking longer for my listings to appear on my iphone.  They used to show up instantly and are now taking several minutes to appear. 

1. Anyone else having that problem?

2. How do you up load your photos if using a desktop computer?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201302

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

just take the actual photos with your phone or camera and upload and tweak if needed. 

Don't make it difficult!

Forget the cloud and all that other crap. Store on your computer or just delete. 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I use a Ipad tablet to take the photos.  Often I will start the ad on the tablet with a simple title like STAR WARS FIGURE  just to get the correct category and then I load the photos in the order that I want. I crop them on the tablet too since it's faster than the desktop ever since this new stupid listing tool started.  I click save.  Then when I go to the desktop, I have about 2- listings already loaded with the photos. Using the example above, I will then tweak the title to Vintage Star Wars Luke Skywalker from Power of the Force.   I fill in the rest of the listing.    This combination of tablet and desktop is the fastest way that I list.

If you folks are going to buy a tablet buy the one with the highest space to store photos. I keep my photos at least 4 months before I delete.   Buy a quality tablet too.  My tablet takes better photos than the camera I used to have.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I take photos with my phone, then Bluetooth them to my PC, then do my listings.

Have a great day
Message 13 of 13
latest reply