cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you report price gouging on hand sanitizers and disinfecting wipes?

I can't seem to find categories for it when reporting. What do you choose?

Message 1 of 150
latest reply
149 REPLIES 149

Re: How do you report price gouging on hand sanitizers and disinfecting wipes?

Then EBAY IS VERY SLOW TAKING THESE SELLERS DOWN!!!’n

Message 91 of 150
latest reply

eBay needs to do MORE! They are way behind controlling gouging
Message 92 of 150
latest reply

eBay is NOT doing enough to stop price gouging
Message 93 of 150
latest reply

See here, this poor excuse of a human being... This exact model was sold last week at Costco for $23.99. This seller managed to sell 30 of these thermometers, to 30 really desperate people.

What did eBay do about this, after I reported the listing, when he still had 8 left to sell? Nothing... eBay cheered him on and got %10 of the sale price. Also, PayPal got their cut of the pie, so everybody wins...

mastodonia_1-1584666506386.png

Message 94 of 150
latest reply

I've seen several people defending eBay on this issue. I wonder how many of them are eBay employees, posing as eBay users. I think it's disgusting the way eBay is ignoring obvious Coronavirus related price gouging.
Message 95 of 150
latest reply

I sent eBay messages on Facebook and reported the items being gouged.  I also posted a notice on my Facebook page encouraging everyone of my friends list to contact eBay and complain.  I have nearly 1000 friends on Facebook due to my hobbies.

Message 96 of 150
latest reply

I just used the word sanitizer to look for these listings.  There are people gouging Bath and Body Works sanitizers as well

Message 97 of 150
latest reply

Include all sanitizing sprays and liquids such as Lysol and Microban

Message 98 of 150
latest reply

Listing practices

Fraudulent Items.

You Suspect a Fraudulent Listing.
Message 99 of 150
latest reply

Click on "Report Item" (Under listing)

1) Listing Practices

2) Fraudulent Listing

3) You suspect that a listing is fraudulent. 

Message 100 of 150
latest reply

I guess I'm in the minority here...I have not listed any hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes and such - nor have I bid on any.  However,  can't see where it is "price gouging" when an item is being bid upon in an auction.  Basic economic principle of supply and demand.  There is high demand for these products because people need them and they are VERY difficult to find in the normal marketplace (limited supply).  People are bidding outrageously,  yes, but it's of their own free will.  They are willing to pay the high prices because stores do not have the items and when they get some they disappear immediately.  I ask you....how are consumers to get these items without going to ebay to get them?  Sellers who list the items at  high prices to start with - THAT is price gouging.  Letting the auction process play out is letting the principle of supply and demand run it's course.  People need the items.  They have to get them somehow. 

Message 101 of 150
latest reply

Trinton stated to use this format for reporting price gouging

reporting listings.JPG

Message 102 of 150
latest reply

I used the choice of prohibited item.  It is sickening to see people asking $50 for a bottle of sanitizer.  I do not know why EBay doesn't just take them down.  I tried to list some little bottles that i have had for awhile at cost plus shipping and EBay would not let me so i am not sure how these people are getting them listed.

Message 103 of 150
latest reply

There is literally a choice for Price Gouging under the drop down menu.

Message 104 of 150
latest reply

Just because it "can" be done, you may think because it is "bidding" it is OK... I think now is a bad time to inflate prices on such things. No one would pay those prices on a normal day, therefore it is price-gouging. Rubbing Alcohol - you need it to make your own hand cleaner and hand soap are sold out, it is price-gouging. NOT COOL!!! I think as re-sellers we should DROP our prices on such things and HELP others get what they need. Like Elderly need adult diapers and we should charge next to nothing and only exact shipping and help them not hurt them. I wish I had enough money to go buy them and sell them that cheap just to help. Image that? eBay sellers HELPING people get what they need at a time like this!  Please think of others right now, pleeeeease.

Message 105 of 150
latest reply