cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you report price gouging on hand sanitizers and disinfecting wipes?

I can't seem to find categories for it when reporting. What do you choose?

Message 1 of 150
latest reply
149 REPLIES 149

Re: How do you report price gouging on hand sanitizers and disinfecting wipes?

Go to the item in question. Click on "report item".  It's about half way down on the right hand side of the page right above the item number. 

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 2 of 150
latest reply

There is no need to.   Ebay is taking them down as fast as ebay can.

Message 3 of 150
latest reply

I wish that was true.  So many listings for all kinds of hand wash and antibacterial solutions at incredible prices. The gouging continues

Message 4 of 150
latest reply

@innovatilife wrote:

I can't seem to find categories for it when reporting. What do you choose?

Some listings get pulled, while others don't. Just don't give them your business. You have better things to do.

Message 5 of 150
latest reply

@trehar_4 wrote:

I wish that was true.  

It is true. Ebay is handing it. 10,000 added a day and 10,000 removed a day. No need for 10,000 individual sellers to report each one.

Message 6 of 150
latest reply

I've seen sellers trying to disguise their listings so they don't use words that might get caught in the ban. Personally I wish eBay would ban them all of these listings for hand washes and surface disinfectants to stop the gouging.

Message 7 of 150
latest reply

It's not just hand sanitizer now. Isopropyl alcohol can be used to make your own hand sanitizer. I've never paid more than $1.25 for a bottle of this stuff. It's being sold here for about $30.00 a bottle. eBay has been pulling down the auctions for hand sanitizer but seem to be unaware of the price gouging on alcohol. This is disgraceful. 

Message 8 of 150
latest reply

I disagree as people are trying to capitalize on the panic. And it's cleaning supplies as well.  I just saw this listing and reported it.  Not that I actually believe anyone would bid but who knows.

lysol auction.JPG

Message 9 of 150
latest reply

Definitely, the seller's need to be sanctioned. This is getting way out of  hand. Instead of removing all products - even those of reasonable prices, remove the offending sellers.

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 10 of 150
latest reply

They need to do much more then just remove the items, the seller will just repost. They need to suspend the sellers account with it all that positive feedback goes. Ebay has to show sellers they cant do this!

Message 11 of 150
latest reply

eBay needs to address the price gouging problem on it's home page asap, with the threat of account removal for sellers that continue.  (No great loss as they are not people, but rather preditors.)  It IS illegal , as the USA is now in a National State of Emergency.  This travesty is also making rapid news on Facebook.  That is very negative publicity for eBay.   It is my understanding that Amazon is removing violators.  Surely, it is not an easy task, but if Amazon can make the effort, so can eBay.

Message 12 of 150
latest reply

They need to do this with toilet paper as well. I am seeing some really high prices: https://www.ebay.com/itm/100-C0r0navlrus-Free-Toilet-Paper-Angel-Soft-Purchased-before-the-0utbreak/...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DG-Home-Ultra-Strong-Toilet-Paper-2-Ply-4-MEGA-ROLLS-Please-Read-Descriptio...

Even look inside the entire search word "toilet paper" and sort it by highest to lowest. I have even looked at sold items and they are selling at that price. This is truly illegal as this is an item that states consider to be essentials like water is.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=toilet+paper&_sacat=0&LH_PrefLoc=1&LH_BIN=1&_sop=16&r...
Message 13 of 150
latest reply

Just say a 4 pack of TP for $200 so yes there's a need

Message 14 of 150
latest reply

Then what none of the drop down menu options apply?

Message 15 of 150
latest reply