cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you refund after 30 days?

Why does eBay make it so incredibly complicated to refund buyers? I know if you refund a buyer without them filing a case against you first that's the worst thing you can possibly do on eBay.

However an international buyer says his order hasn't arrived after 30 days and I don't have a cancel/refund option and I assume they no longer have the "I didn't receive it" option on their end, so how am I supposed to refund them?

This was one of my last orders before being forced into managed payments, will refunds be easier or even more complicated for managed payment orders?

Thank you

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: How do you refund after 30 days?

Ok, to refund this buyer, find the transaction in your PayPal account. Click on it once you have located it. The next screen gives the transaction details and will have a "Refund This Payment" button. That should do it.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I just did that as it seemed to be the only option but won't that leave me with an "Out of stock" defect which is the worst you can get?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Not unless you had cancelled the sale from EBay using that as the reason.

And no, one time isn’t the kiss of death.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Kudos, btw, for integrity.

I just had to go to PayPal recently for an INR.

Missed the MBG deadline, and the seller basically said “Neener, neener.” She even called EBay and claimed they told her she was in the right.

Boy, was she mad when I just went over to PayPal. She had done “everything right” and lost in shipping just wasn’t her fault.

I can’t help wondering if she thinks Ebay pays the MBG, not the sellers? Or responsibility has a 30 day expiration date?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

so because you missed the deadline the seller gets hung out to dry.  guess it never occurred to you that site rules might have a 30 day expiration date.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@karthok.of.daolodus 

Lolololol

What, you’re claiming Ebay is some arbiter of transaction purity?

The 30 day limit is simply their arbitrary time boundary for when they’re willing to oversee a transaction… and they violate that themselves when it suits them.

Thank goodness PayPal’s limit is longer. 

lolololol

Ever heard of HONESTY?

Message 7 of 7
latest reply