cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you guys file a police report

eBay had my 400$, seller and ebay did not issue me a refund and they said item was delivered.

but it was refused by me and i was told i will get refund by the seller and by ebay.

and it was eBay money Guaarante but they don't wanna issue me a refund.

so, i have all the proofs, is there anyway that i can file a police report for this??

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: How do you guys file a police report

@myangelandmyprincess wrote:

since you refused the package without even looking at it you clearly simply had remorse for the purchases.  Getting a full refund has put your sellers out initial shipping costs.  At the very least you should be reimbursing them for that cost.

Hopefully PP refunded the OP out of their own pockets and put a mark on the OP's account. The seller shouldn't be out anything since you refused the package. 

If the OP filed a SNAD without opening the package, then they should be tossed off of ebay. If they opened it and resealed it and marked it as refused, then they should be charged with mail fraud and possible theft if nothing is in the supposedly returned item - and tossed off of ebay.

how you can tell me that I can refuse the package and I will able to get my money back, and When I done that, you are telling me you are not able to issue me a refund because I have refused the package ? 

For once the Customer Service Rep was right.

You misunderstood.

You can refuse the package and get a refund.

BUT

The seller has to have the package back first.

At this point the seller apparently does not have the package.

If Paypal refunded you, they misunderstood that the package was back in the seller's hands.

Paypal normally insists that the buyer pay for return postage.

It is possible that you were not refunded by PP , but by the seller,who had received their goods back. The refund would still be processed by PP.

Read the Money Back Guarantee before buying again.

Message 32 of 40
latest reply

@fatcatpusheen wrote:
I was told if i refuse them i will still be able to get my money back and this is what happened

THE SELLER IS NOT OBLIGATED TO REFUND YOU UNTIL THE SELLER GETS HIS ITEM BACK.

If you refuse a package, it can take anywhere from 2 to 5 weeks to get back to the seller because RETURNS ARE USPS LOW PRIORITY.

You never answered my question... WHEN did you refuse it, what day exactly? Which shipping service was used? If it was recently THEN IT WOULD BE FRAUD to file a police report on a seller who doesn't have his item back yet and hasn't done anything wrong and YOU will be the one in trouble.

Message 33 of 40
latest reply

Why did you refuse the delivery?  Unless the package arrived postage due, I believe you have given up your rights under the MBG.  I'm not sure, but perhaps you would be able to file a claim with PayPal.  I don't know what their policy is on refused delivery of ordered goods.  I'm also not sure of your states statutes on abandoned property.  Since you refused the delivery and it is stipulated in the MBG that doing that voids the MBG, it might be that you've abandoned the property.   

With regard to the filing a police report, unless the item was shown as delivered and you believe it was stolen from your premise after delivery, I don't think the police will be of any help.  However, if you're challenging the terms of eBay's MBG, you might file a civil suit.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 34 of 40
latest reply

@gopetersen wrote:

You have to wait at least 4 or 5 weeks before even considering filing a police report.

The seller is obligated to refund you if the item is returned in original condition, but as I mentioned, this can take several weeks, so if it has only been a few days or a couple of weeks, it would be a ridiculous waste of precious police resources to file a report on a seller who hasn't done anything wrong.

YOU are the one who changed your mind, so you will have to be patient.

In the future, if you change your mind, ask to cancel the order if it has not been shipped. If it has been shipped, consider putting fresh postage on the package so it gets to the seller faster if you want a quick refund.

I'm not sure that the seller would be legally required to refund the OP's money.  Since the MBG clearly states that refusing delivery, with limited exceptions, voids the guarantee and the OP had access to the terms of the MBG if he had taken the time to read them, the property may be deemed to be abandoned.  In that case the seller would be free to treat the returned goods as found property and dispose of it any way they choose.  A lot depends on why the OP refused the delivery.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 35 of 40
latest reply

Wow were blocking this guy just because.  Best regards

Message 36 of 40
latest reply

I don't know much about your situation or exactly what happened, but if you feel you are 100% in the right, then you need to take action and let an appointed judge make that decision.

You do not have to go to california, ignore anyone who gives you that advice. You can file in your county office, and make sure to also fill out the out of state form.

Ebay will be served in their home state and the address  you provide.

The problem or difference is if and when you do get the judgement against them, it will be difficult to enforce it.

But once served I doubt Ebay will want an out of state judgement against them so they will proably contact you about it and try to resolve it.

Message 37 of 40
latest reply

Boy do I feel sorry for anyone who sold something to this guy!

Message 38 of 40
latest reply

You can try calling the police they might or might not do anything about it since it has to do with eBay. Did you call them??
Message 39 of 40
latest reply

You are replying to a very old thread..it's the walking dead again..

Message 40 of 40
latest reply