cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I temporarily suspend my operation when I do not have a store?

I will be going on vacation at the end of the month.  Since I do not have an ebay store, is there any way I can temporarily suspend the sales while I am gone, without having to remove all my items and then relisting them when I return?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: How can I temporarily suspend my operation when I do not have a store?

You have to either end them and relist; or sign up for a store subscription; or use the "Out of stock" option.

To use the OOS option, you'd first check it off in your Site preferences. Then change the "Quantity available" in each of your listings to zero. When you return from vacation, re-set to the actual quantities. This is probably more trouble than just ending and relisting, only worthwhile for sellers of multi-item listings who want to protect their nice "Sold" totals.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/listing-tips/bulk-listings?id=4160#outofstock

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

How long are you going to be gone?  We have another account that wasn't a store,  and went on vacation over the New Years Holidays.  We just changed the handling time to eight days and edited the listings  with a message that we were on vacation until January  6th.  Admittedly we didn't  have more than 80 listings so it wasn't difficult but we did have to remove the vacation notice when we returned.  Even when you have a store with the vacation notification executed you still either have to hide your listings,  or change the handling time.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I extend my handling time, and when I  return, I  readjust to the original handling time. That is another option. 

Have a wonderful time,

Grandma 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@notakeres   You can get a Month to Month Store subscription ... then use the Vacation settings which allow you to Hide your Fixed Priced listings and post a message on the store front that you are away ... Auction listings can not be hidden.

You can then cancel the subscription the following month.

You can extend your handling time as suggested but keep in mind some Buyers want their items quickly or at least don't want to wait a long time for something to ship.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Sounds like a good idea.  Will look into this.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Even if you consider getting a store subscription for one month to get an option to display the on vacation settings you still have to extend your handling time so that you are not required to ship until you return.  If you don't temporarily change your handling time eBay will ding you with defects for late shipping.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Yes, you must either extend your handling time, or activate the vacation setting option that completely blocks sales.

The minimum commitment for a Store subscription is 1 full calendar month plus the balance of the month in which you sign up.  So if you sign up today (or any time during September) you are committed through October 31.

http://pages.ebay.com/stores/subscriptionterms.html

Message 8 of 8
latest reply